TWRP v2.2.2.1 Recovery for Prevail by Hroark13

Last Updated: 2012-12-24 00:18:21
  1. downthemachine

downthemachine Developer Incognito VIP Member

Hroark13 now of XDA has created a port of Team Win Recovery Project v.2.2.2.1 for the Samsung Galaxy Prevail.

Team Win Recovery Project
    v2.2.2.1
    By Hroark13

What is TWRP?
    Its a touch screen recovery. That is theme-able.
    So what does this mean? No more volume rocker or power buttons, nor any button combination to select what you are trying to do. Now its all touch, the way a recovery should be!
    Other features:
    The ability to flash multiple zips at the same time
    Lock screen
    Clock

[​IMG]

I'm going to leave this link as a reference. For now the prevail version has been pulled because it caused many issues.
    Link it is the 2nd post:
    TWRP 2.2.2.1 for ZTE Warp and Samsung Prevail- xda-developers

All Credits go to Hroark13 and Team Win. I am just providing the link and some details.

If you'd like to thank Hroark13 please do so on xda.

If you are planning on adding this to your rom, please make sure you credit both Hroark and Team Win. And preferably link to his page.

Advertisement
  2. downthemachine

The OP was for the ZTE warp but 2nd post is for the prevail
    vce2005 likes this.
  3. vce2005

vce2005 Well-Known Member

Can you just give us a few detailed install instructions ??

I mean, whats the difference, advantage and/or disadvantage of using either the .tar and flash with Odin or do the .ZIP install from CWM ?

When exactly does the stick needs to be flashed ? Still in CWM after the install or with the "Install" button on TWRP ?

Also, when installing TWRP, does a custom ROM, like CTMod3.68 needs to be re-installed ?

Would be great to get detailed instructions, even if some of it is obvious. Just want to make sure not to screw anything up.

Thanks..... And please give MANY THANKS to Hroark ( already thanked him on xda ! )
    wyelkins likes this.
  4. Lordvincent 90

Lordvincent 90 ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓ Guide

This is awesome!

And i assume all previous zips are still compatible?
  5. Slayer72

Slayer72 Well-Known Member Developer

It's just different options to get it installed man, and no you don't need to reinstall your rom, the only thing different is that you need to make a backup with TWRP because CWM backups are NOT compatible...
    vce2005 likes this.
  6. downthemachine

Honestly I'm just reposting the link. I don't know the specific instructions for the prevail
  7. vce2005

Now another interesting point would be if the " Odin Image File Creator " from Koumajutsu is still working, since I believe it originally boots into CWM Recovery......

Would be great to know.............
  8. Slayer72

Ok, here are the specifics, choose your method of installation, once installed it's completely touch screen based operation, rom zips are completely compatible, I've flashed a few already, no problems at all, the only thing you need to be concerned with is that you MUST make a backup with TWRP, CWM backups are NOT compatible, TWRP creates the backup in a totally different format: .win extension, so please save yourself a LOT of headache and possible bricking of your phone and create your backup of current rom in TWRP and everyone including yourself will be HAPPY!!! :D
    wyelkins and vce2005 like this.
  9. Slayer72

That's something that Kouma would havta answer bro, I'm not on the Prevail any more, I'm on the Warp, I'm just here to help with questions of the new recovery... :)
    vce2005 likes this.
  10. cwhatever

cwhatever Life Goes On Guide

When you do this will you still have bolth clockworkmod and this? Can I still flash something I have saved in clockworkmod too?
    76ford90lx likes this.
  11. Lordvincent 90

This replaces cwm...
    It's a completely different recovery

Also i would assume you have to make new backups
  12. cwhatever

Yeah well they said it you cannot use your clockworkmod backups with this you have to use its own back up but what about all the other backups that I have saved for certain things how do I use them then ur they all garbage now?
  13. vce2005

Nahhhhh, you just take a week vacation in a remote cabin in Alaska, re-do all your tweaks and make new, fresh backups with TWRP !! Grinzzzzzzzzzzzz

( I know, just being a smartass ! LOL ) ;)
  14. Lordvincent 90

If you really want them, get the cwm.zip from the cwm thread.

Flash cwm, restore backup, flash twrp, create backup, replace old backup with new one...

Rinse and repeat as necessary...
  15. cwhatever

Okay that makes sense will we still be able to flash themes like j6's and all those things with that new 1
  16. The~Skater~187

The~Skater~187 Well-Known Member

From what i have been told, Yes. All zips will still work, just not your old cwm backups.
    Lordvincent 90 and cwhatever like this.
  17. vce2005

I searched like crazy, but by so many CWM posts, I cannot find the one with the correct cwm.zip..... Anyone has a link ? Thx.
  18. PlayfulGod

PlayfulGod Well-Known Member Developer

Everything but CWM backups will work with TWRP. ;)
  19. vce2005

I also just got a reply from Hroark regarding the " Odin Image File Creator " !!!

Hroark said : "should work, Kouma's script uses adb, which works in TWRP too"
    wyelkins and Lordvincent 90 like this.
  20. Lordvincent 90

vce2005 likes this.
  21. cwhatever

What? Why so quiet now? So, some input on this and how its working out for everyone. I haven't had a chance to try it yet. This won't get rid of download mode, will it?
  22. vce2005

Well, so far everything went great. No problems at all. Flashed the .zip via CWM, rebooted back into the new recovery and installed the stick.zip........ No problems at all.......... Still download mode, etc. and all the other good stuff........ nothing changed and I think, even the backup went faster........

The only "con" I see ( maybe just me ) : It has a lot of options and settings, a bunch of it and I don't understand all of them.... I wrote the "TEamWin" and ask for manual or explanation, but so far I haven't heard back.........
  23. cwhatever

Did you really have to flash the stick zip? In the xda thread I thought it said if you were using from stock?
  24. vce2005

Well, I just flashed the stick.zip......... LOL I not even really know what it's for. Didn't do anything bad tho......
  25. cwhatever

Shouldn't do anything bad, They said it overwrites the script to make it stick.