• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root TWRP

Just to save people the trouble of asking op in the XDA thread, the ms395 doesn't need to go through unlocking process of the bootloader. You can access recovery with hard buttons by first accessing the factory reset feature via hard buttons.

The ui theme mod for twrp works too: (resolution 480x800)
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2933979
Mod needs to be saved in internal memory twrp folder.

Reactions: Matthew83
Upvote 0
I came across this today. I don't have the phone (I'm using a Moto G on Metro), but thought you guys might have an interest in this, if you haven't seen it yet. It looks like someone has made a recovery for your phone. Hope it helps.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=3049800
[I'm just getting around to installing TWRP/Recovery]
The link above [for example] is an IMG file. [Stupid question] How do I install/flash this w/o already having TWRP installed to do so? i.e. It seems like the chicken/egg problem? LOL And, is the best option for recovery so far?

Upvote 0
[I'm just getting around to installing TWRP/Recovery]
The link above [for example] is an IMG file. [Stupid question] How do I install/flash this w/o already having TWRP installed to do so? i.e. It seems like the chicken/egg problem? LOL And, is the best option for recovery so far?
Well, like I said, I don't have the phone. However, I believe there are instructions for using fastboot somewhere, either here on Android Forums, or there on XDA on that thread I linked. The .IMG files have to be flashed with fastboot. Of it were a zip file you could use another recovery. As far as this being the best to use, I don't know that there are any other options. Someone with the phone will have to come in on that.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
1. This is the first I have used the Flashify app [http://androidforums.com/threads/youtube-twrp-installation-tutorial.914511/]. It seemed relatively painless to flash:http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=3049800
2. Next, I have to do backup.
3. I want to verify that the "Button combo" allows you to enter TWRP w/o harming anything? The video mentions a hard button combo: Vol down and Power held simultaneously, release, choose "Yes" at the [scary] "Wipe ..." prompt?
I forgot about flashify. Yeah, if you get root before you have a custom recovery you can use it to flash the recovery IMG file. On the Moto G, we flash the recovery and then go into recovery to flash SuperSU in order to root.

Upvote 0
I forgot about flashify. Yeah, if you get root before you have a custom recovery you can use it to flash the recovery IMG file. On the Moto G, we flash the recovery and then go into recovery to flash SuperSU in order to root.
1. Has anyone tried the button combo, Hold Vol Down and Power, to get into Recovery/TWRP? [I ask again, because you have to answer "Yes" to a "Factory Reset" that apparently does not do that, but just puts you into Recovery?]
2. @alfick3 How do you "flash" SuperSU in order to root?

Upvote 0
1. Has anyone tried the button combo, Hold Vol Down and Power, to get into Recovery/TWRP? [I ask again, because you have to answer "Yes" to a "Factory Reset" that apparently does not do that, but just puts you into Recovery?]
2. @alfick3 How do you "flash" SuperSU in order to root?
Once you have the custom recovery, there's a button to install. Press that and it'll ask you to find the file you want to flash.

Upvote 0
To clarify, this is an alternative method to root in contrast with some of the other methods offered in the F60 forum?
Could be.

Hold off if you're not sure.

I was simply passing by, noticed the question.

@alfick3 specified the Android-standard rooting method, I just filled in the proper download for SuperSU. :p :)

Reactions: sammyz and alfick3
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones