• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Twrp

I'm using the clockworkmod recovery can i see the error from there? else i would have to install the twrp recovery all over again

By the way, your first image (in the first post) is clearly TWRP custom recovery...I'm guessing you're using two different ones?

Perhaps your issues are because you're using one that is not specific to your device?

Upvote 0
I changed it to Cwm as u can see in the photo

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    262.5 KB · Views: 174
Upvote 0
how do i grab /cache/recovery/last_log and/cache/recovery/last_log.1???

You're rooted, right?

Use a rooted file explorer like Root Explorer or ES File Manager and make a copy of those file to your SD card and then post them up here.

Or you can use an adb shell and copy them to your SD card and them post them up here:

c:\> adb shell
$ su
# cat /cache/recovery/last_log > /sdcard/last_log.txt
# cat /cache/recovery/last_log.1 > /sdcard/last_log1.txt

and then post-up the last_log.txt and last_log1.txt files to here.

Upvote 0
Well, that's close enough :p (it looks like you copied more than just the files, but I think I got what I needed).

So, this is really odd...it looks like you've got two different device information fields listed below that disagree what you posted previously for the Device Info app's output:

ro.build.description=full_VilleC-eng 4.0.4 IMM76L eng.root.20120704.222400 test-keys
ro.build.display.id=full_VilleC-eng 4.0.4 IMM76L eng.root.20120704.222400 test-keys
ro.build.fingerprint=Android/full_VilleC/VilleC:4.0.4/IMM76L/eng.root.20120704.222400:eng/test-keys
ro.build.product=VilleC
ro.cm.device=VilleC
ro.hardware=villec2
ro.product.board=VilleC
ro.product.device=VilleC
ro.product.name=full_VilleC​

I'm guessing that the values above are because the version of ClockworkMod recovery you're using is built for the VilleC version and you actually have the villec2 version (the values above would be what the kernel that CWM uses / was built for). That would explain why you're getting the flashing errors because the ro.build.product and ro.product.device values don't match the ROM you're trying to install).

So, it looks like you don't have a version of CWM that is built specifically for your villec2 device.

So, you need to make sure you definitely have a villec2 version of your custom recovery.

This page, http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1927165, looks like it references this download for a version of TWRP built for your device:

So, try installing and using that custom recovery instead of the one you currently have.

Upvote 0
Some ROMs take 5 - 10 - 15 minutes to do their initial setup, etc...so don't be too hasty.

Also, make sure you did all of the wipes suggested by the ROM dev in the thread where you got the ROM from.

It sounds like you're past the initial flashing issue and now it's just a matter to fine-tuning your flashing process (i.e., again from the ROM dev's thread's instructions).

Upvote 0
1. Did you make a Nandroid backup before you began?

2. Did you do any of the wipes instructed by the installation page?

I kind of feel like we're having a one-sided conversation where I'm having to guess at all of the things you might or might not have done...:(

edit: also, I believe you have to install / flash the gapps (Google apps) package separately when you install CyanogenMod...

Upvote 0
sorry about that. i went through all the procedures and flashed everything but the gapps was not installing which i think is not much of a big deal right? (maybe i downloaded a wrong one and can easily replace it). I have just restored back to my old rom. its hard to find any new rom to flash for my phone now...

Upvote 0
You should only need the gapps package if you're doing to download apps from the Play Store.

Bear in mind that the following link is the page for the ville device and not specifically your villec2 device, so this is just for guideline purposes only--you'll have to identify the places where things are device-dependent:

At the bottom of the page is the Installing CyanogenMod from recovery instructions where step #7 says "Select Wipe and then Factory Reset." so have a careful read through and make sure you don't skip this step.

Otherwise, I think you might want to make a new thread here in the root area (now that your past the issue with actually flashing from custom recovery) so that the folks familiar with your HTC One S can guide you best.

Upvote 0
All hope is not lost my friend. If you still have a recovery installed you can save the device and come out on top.
Check this modified stock with root and see if flashing it will solve problems. I have ran into same problems on my device.. flashing a modded stock seems to fix loads of issues like these.
Link...http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2374476

Reactions: scary alien
Upvote 0
@scary alien Thank you so much for your help you are heaven sent! android forums is definitely the best! although i had problems i managed to flash back my stock ROM i think i should get a new phone. A less sophisticated one which will be easy to flash a custom ROM onto. @DaisFlaque managed to flash 'firm.zip' in flashboot now i'm back to my stock ROM i think i'll keep that...for now. Thanks guys!!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones