txt meassage take ages to delete!

Last Updated:

1. fapman

fapman New Member This Topic's Starter

Whats wrong with my phone.. my friend has the moment and it deletes instantly. Could it because i rooted my phone to fresh 2.1.2

Advertisement
  2. KitsapAndroid

KitsapAndroid Well-Known Member

I have found that if the thread you are trying to delete is huge, it will take a while. If it's only a small thread it is almost instantly. I think anything over 500 is when it starts to really slow down, but YMMV.

3. Sixxx

Sixxx Well-Known Member

When it's a big conversation, as Kitsap said, it'll take a long time. I found the best way to do it is after you tell it to delete, click the home key and just leave it alone. If you're deleting a convo there's no reason to have your SMS box open, right? It seems to go decently fast if you do it that way, hope that helps.

4. adam_hilluk

adam_hilluk Well-Known Member

I really glad i've seen this because i was just having the same issue. Trying to delete a 3000 text threat because every time i go on it the phone slows down dramatically. Kills my phone to try and delete it :(

5. Herofreak

Herofreak Active Member

Ive got this same issue. And everytime i delete i thread over 10 messages long the the messageing program wants to force close. and is their like a # of messages you shouldnt go over before you start having problems like these?

6. revtime

revtime Well-Known Member

I delete my messages at around 100 texts. There are apps I believe that will save important text conversations to your SD card.
    I ran into the same issue initially and it took forever to delete a 1000 text thread. I now delete at around 100 and everything is cool.

7. Herofreak

Herofreak Active Member

ok ill try to keep it around an 100 for future reference

8. adam_hilluk

adam_hilluk Well-Known Member

on that 3000 text thread i have i've tried to delete it but my phone just force closes or turns off :(

getting new Hero tomorrow though due to headphone jak issue (2nd time) hopefully moving to the Desire very soon. :D

9. Sixxx

Sixxx Well-Known Member

Yea, I have 2 people that i text with constantly. I don't even bother trying to delete those threads. One has over 1000 and i just got the phone about a week ago. Most of the time i'll delete a thread when i'm done having the conversation with the person.

10. ethereal45

ethereal45 Member

Best solution that I've found is an app called Delete Old Texts from the market. You can use that to chop the threads down to a reasonable size so they'll delete faster.

Also, if you long press on an important text, you can lock it so it stays around and doesn't get deleted.