• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help txt messages coming in empty with 'Downloading' notification

Recently updated to Froyo 2.2 but I had only had my Captivate for a few days so I'm not sure this was an issue prior to the update unfortunately.

the problem is that sometimes I get incoming txt messages from people with empty bodies like this

<Subject>
message size: 1kb 'Downloading'
Expires: date/time

Does anyone have any idea what this is about? I've already tried clearing all threads and still nothing. Once I reply to the person everything goes back to normal.

Recently updated to Froyo 2.2 but I had only had my Captivate for a few days so I'm not sure this was an issue prior to the update unfortunately.

the problem is that sometimes I get incoming txt messages from people with empty bodies like this

<Subject>
message size: 1kb 'Downloading'
Expires: date/time

Does anyone have any idea what this is about? I've already tried clearing all threads and still nothing. Once I reply to the person everything goes back to normal.

Last time I saw this problem, I solved it by toggling the cell network (by enabling and disabling airplane mode), then redownloading.

I haven't seen it since. Your mileage may vary.

Upvote 0
Last time I saw this problem, I solved it by toggling the cell network (by enabling and disabling airplane mode), then redownloading.

I haven't seen it since. Your mileage may vary.

thanks for the reply.

the problem I seem to have is that despite it saying 'downloading' I have no option to actually do it or see it so the message is lost.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones