txt msg no valid recipientSupport

Last Updated:

1. Tecnica

Tecnica Member This Topic's Starter

When txting I often would get an error sying " Cannot send this Message" Your message has no valid recipient even though I am replying to the txt msg thread that I have been engaged and was able to txt 5 times all the sudden I cant so I have to delete the thread select the contact create a new txt msg for it to work and then at some point later same error what gives?

Advertisement
  2. agent0014

agent0014 Well-Known Member

can you check what number it's replying to? I've seen some people complain that the "from" number sometimes appears with an area code. What app are you using to text?

3. Tecnica

Tecnica Member This Topic's Starter

Well I will give you an example of a contact entry exactly how it's entered in my google contacts.

John Smith (not actual name or number)

Phone
    *829085555555 | Mobile
    9085555555 | Pager
    201-555-5555 | Work

Now when I want to create a new txt thread I would go to contacts select the name then select to txt his pager because of the formating with the number the reason I have my contacts this way is because my number has a permanent block so if I want to call someone I have to dial *82 which is fine but this has nothing to do with txt because I select the same number entry but withought the *82 and no 1 before the area code so it complies I can have a comversation with the person sometimes 6-9 msgs deep and out of nowhere when I go to reply I get this error about error no valid recipient it wont let me txt I will post a screen shot when it happens again if needed

4. MisterAnthony

MisterAnthony New Member

I have exactly the same problem. Except only with 2 recipients. One on my own account one on Boost Mobile.
    My Phone-Motorola i1 Nextel
    I have a blocked number.
    Store cell phone numbers with *82.
    Store "work" numbers without the *82 to text to.
    I can text from the contact.
    When I reply from the thread I get the error message:
    "Cannot send this message.
    Your message has no valid recipients"
    I can close the thread go back to the contact choose the appropriate number the same thread opens and I can text out normally. I have to follow this process after each reply.
    I have tried:
    Deleting the contact and reentering without the *82
    Deleting the contacts and reentering with the *82
    Spent 2 hour on the phone with tech support.
    Feature reset
    Master reset...

All to no avail.
    Anybody have a clue????

Thanks