Txt over wifi using tab without carrierSupport

Last Updated:

1. jrkiwi

jrkiwi New Member

Is there a w way to send and receive txt messages on a tab without a carrier using skype our another voip app?

2. Maris

Maris Well-Known Member

What about using Google Voice SMS? I like to use it because it keeps copies of all the texts online.
  3. roth140

roth140 Active Member

I use Voice for txt messages and skype will let you make skype to skype voice calls. I use it with a BT pro and it works well.
  4. QuickDraw

QuickDraw Well-Known Member

Hi, new to the tab area here, but am wondering if there is another way to achieve texting via wifi other than going through Google Voice or Skype? Thanks for any assist/info.

Perhaps rooting will accomplish this????
  5. swagner53

swagner53 Well-Known Member

6. QuickDraw

QuickDraw Well-Known Member

7. dgluck

dgluck Member

I used it last month, I sent some and received some text messages from textplus users and non users. At my surprise when I opened a bill from ATT, I was charged 0.20/message. Do you out there have the same experience or just me? How to avoid it. Thanks.
  8. waremaster

waremaster Well-Known Member

I installed and tried it yesterday on Verizon and I see no additional charges on my account. Verizons tracking of txt and pix messageing is in realtime so if I was getting charged for it I am certain it would have shown up.