TY Lexluthor + androidforums teamSupport

Last Updated:

1. Thunder Moose

Thunder Moose Member This Topic's Starter

I read the Droid X GPS battery issue thread yesterday after having some severe battery drain from light use. Went to be @ 60% last nigh around 10pm, work up at the 15% warning.

Followed the directions in the thread this morning to try and get a good charge.
    First I charged from red -> full, unplugged at 9:00am. Did NOTHING on the phone until 9:10, checked spare parts 100% running, battery was at 90%, after snapping one pic (geotagging turned on, didnt realize that) and checking facebook i was at 80%.

After this I recharged to full, followed the instructions on the gps 'fix' and-

Pleased to say that since I unplugged at 9:30am (now 1:38 EST) I've used 47 minutes talk time, installed 9 apps, took 13 pictures, uploaded a pic to facebook and made 2 posts, read 8 emails, sent 3, 27 texts in/out, and 1hr 24 mins on the internet... i'm now at 80% =D

I was --| |-- this close to taking this phone back, now it's amazing. Thanks all.

Advertisement
  2. MrTissues

MrTissues Well-Known Member

I just disabled GPS entirely to avoid this bug and right now I am sitting at 80% battery life instead of the 40% I usually would have right now. The DX really does get great battery life so long as you avoid this bug! (Moto better fix it with 2.2, I want to be able to use my GPS with no issues).

Was your fix also just disabling GPS?

3. lexluthor

lexluthor Well-Known Member

Welcome :)

Might be better just continuing discussion in that thread, so that there's not 2 threads on the same thing.

4. MrTissues

MrTissues Well-Known Member

Mind sharing the fix you found? I can't find that thread.