Type of paint for battery covers?Accessories

Last Updated:

1. mozetti

mozetti Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

So, if I wanted to buy the white Inc battery cover and paint it to look like the R2D2 case, what type of paint and sealer would I want to use to paint the R2D2 graphics onto the cover?

I'm not holding out hope for someone else making it because of the trademark/licensing issues surrounding all things Star Wars. I'm not sure if I have the talent to do it myself, but it might be worth a shot.

Advertisement
  2. Vaseline Smith

Vaseline Smith Well-Known Member

I did this to an old blackberry that was pink I made it metallic blue, Sand down the casing with a fine grit then apply a primer model car paint coat followed by the color you want with a few layers, Then use a clear coat for model cars and let it dry. I recommend tamiya paint.

mozetti likes this.
  3. UHF3

UHF3 Well-Known Member

What Vaseline Smith said.

And (not to insult you) learn how to paint on something else first. It's not the most complex paint scheme in the world. But, if you haven't ever painted using masks on a small scale this will be a challenging design for you.

[​IMG]

mozetti likes this.
  4. mozetti

mozetti Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Thanks for the tips. And yes, I will defnitely have to practice before doing this on the cover. I guess I don't really need to get the white cover, since I'll be sanding and painting the whole thing anyhow.