• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Typing Lag in Froyo

jayochs

Android Enthusiast
May 14, 2010
Brick, NJ
well, for a while i thought it was handcent that was the culprit since 2.2 was installed....but nope. started to see the lag in the built in texting app too; sigh, it's reminding me of the days of my crappy eris when every single time i would type it would lag horribly. i've done factory resets, i've done it all. 2.2 just simply lags when typing now.

who else has the problem? any known causes/fixes yet?

Only lag I've ever had is when replying to posts on the net using the phone. As far as using the stock keyboard for texting, no way it should be lagging. That is not normal. You might check to see if something is using your processor way heavily but I'm not even sure if that would do it and I'd imagine you'd see rediculous battery drain if that were the case.

Not sure how you got 2.2 but many of the OTA crowd have been all but forced to do factory resets to cure a multitude of issues.

Upvote 0
yes, i said i did a factory reset. it is OTA however. i don't use the stock keyboard as i've noticed that thing lags worse than anything. i use better keyboard as its simply, well, a better keyboard lol

You might want to go read some of the edited reviews on Better Keyboard. Seems that a lot of people are having problems with it on Froyo.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones