typing lagSupport

1. bwsmith

bwsmith Well-Known Member

Anyone else getting a pretty significant lag when using the on-screen keyboard? I am like five letters ahead of the screen.

Advertisement
  2. MarvinAndroid

MarvinAndroid Well-Known Member

Hmm.. I haven't had that yet at all. Were you doing something in the background maybe? I've noticed that if you have apps downloading and installing in the background that will REALLY slow your phone down (especially when they are intalling).
  3. bwsmith

bwsmith Well-Known Member

I tried rebooting and killing all running Alps and this I still brutal lag. Even when typing is, it iat least full word behind. An I am far from a power typer.
  4. Polymira

Polymira Well-Known Member

Nah, the virtual keyboard keeps up pretty well with me even with a few apps running in the background...

Now, on my old Hero .. it was usually a good 6 characters back
  5. d1pham

d1pham Well-Known Member

I'm getting some bad lag on my second unit. I think I'm going to take it back tomorrow for another unit.
  6. walterkeithv

walterkeithv Member

yep i am... mainly when i'm typing in landscape without the the slide out keyboard
  7. Carl C

Carl C Well-Known Member

Have you guys tried turning Keyboard feedback off like Vibrate or sound? Maybe that will help :)
  8. walterkeithv

walterkeithv Member

For me both have been off since nov 6th . . When I got it and went through all the settings
  9. eclipsed4utoo

eclipsed4utoo Well-Known Member

I only seem to have a problem on this site. Happens with both the virtual keyboard and physical keyboard for me.
  10. d1pham

d1pham Well-Known Member

Oddly enough the lag only happens on this forum. Can anyone else confirm this?
  11. johnlgalt

johnlgalt Antidisestablishmentarian VIP Member

I have seen a lag whenever the phone seems to be doing multiple things at once - for instance:

downloading update information from Market
    updating SportsTap
    checking email / GMail
    typing (usually noticed when I am trying to reply on Twitter using Twidroid or else replying to an SMS using HandCent)
  12. eclipsed4utoo

eclipsed4utoo Well-Known Member

it only happens on this forum for me also.
  13. Redflea

Redflea Well-Known Member

I've had some lag while typing SMS...nothing horrible, but noticeable.
  14. colnago

colnago Well-Known Member

With the physical keyboard, everywhere else is fine...this forum lags a second or two.
  15. binglejellsx2

binglejellsx2 Well-Known Member

I get the lag using the screen keyboard. It's one of the reasons I've switched to using the physical keyboard. My old phone was the LG Dare, so I was used to typing on a screen.
  16. bdal1

bdal1 Well-Known Member

I had the same complaint then I realized that it is only on this forum.
    Has anyone told a moderator? It is most definitely an issue with this site.
  17. johnlgalt

johnlgalt Antidisestablishmentarian VIP Member

They know - one of them moved this thread here :p
  18. jettie1767

jettie1767 Member

I'm getting the lag typing SMS. I just slowed down my typing which can be annoying. Hopefully gets fixed in the next update.