Typing landscape

Last Updated:

1. cwalter24

cwalter24 New Member This Topic's Starter

Anyone having a problem with typing in landscape mode? sometimes when im typing lets say the P key the R key will show up right behind it? Anyone else having these problems?

Advertisement
  2. Phoenixdroid

Phoenixdroid Well-Known Member

not yet.............

3. DrDroid

DrDroid Well-Known Member

I don't have that issue. So the "R" is hovering where the "P" is pressed?

4. cwalter24

cwalter24 New Member This Topic's Starter

Ah nevermind I think I found out the problem. Apparently if your hooked up via usb it can lag. So I think I answered my own question.

5. syntrix

syntrix Well-Known Member

Gawd I love the landscape virtual keyboard! I hardly use the "real" keyboard anymore :)

6. vincentp

vincentp Well-Known Member

I'm having trouble, but I think it's because I'm not at all accustomed to a touch screen keyboard. I had the same trouble when I tried the iPhone, so I don't think it's any technical fault of the Droid's, just user error. I have noticed, though, that sometimes it puts gibberish in place when I was almost positive I hit the correct keys. Don't know if that's also due to my inexperience or if it's related to the issue you're having.

7. syntrix

syntrix Well-Known Member

autocorrect is on by default for the virtual keyboard.

You will see the suggested words right above the keyboard.

8. indolent

indolent Well-Known Member

I have a problem when trying to type fast, if I press letters close together it won't register them. Anyone else have this problem? For instance if I type the word "so," I can tap both letters very quickly and it registers them both. But when I try typing "the," if I press the t and h too quickly, it doesn't register either letter, even though it knows I hit them because I can see the floating letters pop up.

9. vincentp

This is sort of what I was referring to. The autocorrect mentioned by the above poster I actually like. It's quicker than typing very long words when it anticipates it properly. Unfortunately I have had problems trying to type very quickly where it does not register all of the letters, or it types a key that I did not think I hit. I end up with words riddled with punctuation or wrong letters a lot.

10. JonB27

JonB27 New Member

Coming from the BB Storm, the typing on this is great on the touch screen. I just can't stand the pull out keypad, the keys are terrible. Other than that, loving the phone so far!

11. vincentp

I started off using only the physical keyboard. I found that I actually really like the keys themselves. The problem was, the spacebar is TERRIBLE. It is in the strangest location, and for some reason they decided to leave two empty spaces on the sides of the bottom row instead of making the space bar two key sizes larger. That would have honestly made the physical keyboard 10 times better for me.