Typing on touch screenGeneral

Last Updated:

1. iceblue

iceblue New Member This Topic's Starter

Hi all

I'm trying to decide between the X10 mini, mini pro or wait for the X8 but I have a question about the mini pro. Is it possible to enter text using the touch screen and the quicktext mode as on the non-pro version, or are you forced to use the slide-out qwerty keypad?

Advertisement
  2. ison_machine

ison_machine Well-Known Member

yes it works the same as x10 mini. and fortunately you have the option to use the slide out querty keyboard for long messages... try looking for video reviews.

X8 is also good choice when you are not a camera guy. The camera is 3.2mp only with no flash. Its thickness is reduced since querty keyboard is onscreen.

3. bosshog

bosshog Well-Known Member

I would go for the pro over the mini iceblue, then at least you have the choice of slide out keyboard.:D

4. iceblue

iceblue New Member This Topic's Starter

Great, thanks for the feedback.

Yeah I'll definitely take the pro instead then. I was just concerned that if I'm busy and dont have two hands available for typing, using the qwerty keyboard would be a pain. But since I can use both, the pro wins.

I'm going to wait for the X8 to come out first and then decide between the mini pro and the X8, depending on price difference. I prefer taking photos with a proper camera so the 3.2MP camera on the X8 is no problem for me - will barely get used.