• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Typing "ou" instead of "you"

wilydodger

Lurker
Jul 16, 2010
I keep having trouble getting the Y key to register when I type "you", it comes out as "ou". Also happens when I type "the", it comes out as "he".

I have trouble reproducing it all the time, but it happens quite a lot. The keys work, but this happens when I am typing a word. Any ideas on what is going on?

My current theory is that I am hitting the T and H or Y and O keys too quickly in succession and the keyboard is reading the first keystroke as a miskey.

Hmm... since the keyboard is multitouch, it should register everything. I'm not sure if the keyboard is just lagging or not. I'm not a superfast typer, so I wouldn't really know. I would recommend using a 3rd party keyboard to see if it works the same way. I personally use Skype, but of course you wouldn't use Skype for 2-thumb typing.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones