U.S. domestic Apps and Movies NOT available??Support

1. jcal0820

jcal0820 Active Member

I purchased my Galaxy Note N7000, int'l version, off New Egg.com while deployed overseas, used for the past 4 months in Afghanistan, and had a local Afghan SIM card.

Now that I'm back in the States, I'm just using my Galaxy Note N7000 purely as a tablet (with no SIM activation), and not signed up with any service providers. Since being home, in California, I still can't access a lot of Apps and movies/TV shows, keep getting notices that "This Item is NOT available in your country".. Even stuff like Hulu Plus, Tapatalk, etc. I'm assuming the device still thinks it's still in Afghanistan? Is there a way I can fix this, so I can get the updates/Apps in the United States??

Advertisement
  2. bluenova

bluenova OK Computer VIP Member

I used to live in Belgium, which at the time had no paid apps in the Market. When visiting the UK I saw and could purchase all the paid apps (On my Belgian SIM still) So can you try your Afgan SIM if it supports roaming or if not can you get a pay-as-you-go SIM or borrow someones US SIM to see if the carrier is the trigger?
  3. jcal0820

jcal0820 Active Member

Looks like all it took was a system reset, and working like any other US spec Galaxy Note will full Market access.