• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help U8150 PC sync - Can anyone help?

I had no problem Downloading Hi Suite and installing on my comp. Vista Business SP2 OS. When I connected my phone (U8150) all went smooth as.
My problem was that HI Suite opened at Startup of comp and even though it was not checked (Tools > Settings > Launch at Startup).
Huawei could not help/understand and through another Forum, I found that a Program called Autoruns enabled me to stop Hi Suite from starting Automatically.
I didn't have any worries about Drivers as Vista & Windows7 will have them available.
I've used Hi Suite to install Astro File Manager and Swype to the phone - sweet as. Cheers Neil.:D

Upvote 0
Hey guys, why not stick with the question Shadowkuta asked?

I have installed Hi Suite - no problems. When I open Hi Suite on my comp it shows that my phone is not connected.
I put the cable end in the Micro USB on the phone and connect the Std USB end to the comp.
Hi Suite then asks what type of connection I want make - USB or WiFi.
I click on USB and it connects.
Then I am presented with 3 choices - Synchronize
Backup & Restore
Install application
When I'm finished - I Exit program and Hi Suite closes.
I then go to Safely Remove Icon in Task Bar - lower Right of screen and click on Android Device and OK.
Then I can disconnect USB cable. You must Shut Down Hi Suite program first.
I hope this clarifies how Hi Suite operates as I have not had any problems with it. My only inconvenience was Hi Suite starting automatically on comp startup. I killed that with a program called Autoruns.
I now have control over Hi Suite and it's working OK.
I don't see the need to install another program such as Android Sync Manager when Hi Suite will do all you need.
The Drivers are in Vista & Windows 7. Cheers Neil.:D

Upvote 0
Hello:
I am unable to use Hi suit because it can't detect my phone.I am unable to install the driver for my Phone.Whenever I connect my phone to my PC, a message showing that Ideos is connected is popped up ,followed by the installation window for it Driver.I locate the driver in my Hard Drive ,but it does not install it.It says that it can no find any driver for this device.
I'm using XP 32-bit SP3,Can anyone please help me where can I find driver for my device .
http://www.huaweidevice.com/resource/mini/201105239635/hi_suite_en/
I followed above link as mentioned by someone in a reply but couldn't find anything.

Upvote 0
Hi HollyFlame, when you open the link to Huawei, there is a Download button in red and alongside that there is Download HiSuite Daemon (Device).
If you place your cursor over that and left click, it will display a download zip which is your Driver.
Download this to your Desktop and open with your Zip software.
I use Vista 32bit and the drivers are in Vista OS.
Let's know if you can then operate HiSuite after installing the driver. Cheers Neil.

Upvote 0
Recently I did a firmware flash. Befre hand I backed up all data by Hisuite. When I tried to restore I started to get problems. Contacts, notes. Videos, Photos restored without problems. But Apps (41 apps) gave lot of problems. I tried different USB (back) ports. Putting into Air plane mode etc. but I always get "Device not connected" error after some time when restoreing. What I did was - I got into the hisuite
C:\MY DOCUMENTS\HiSuite\backup\backup_HUAWEI P6-U06_2014-11-28-12-07-04\APK and copied all files with .apk extensions to an SD card. Inserted the SD to phone and ran App Installer. All apps were intalled very fast less than 10 minutes. I hope this will help

Upvote 0
Hi Raviqp, This Thread is getting a bit old at this stage and to give you an idea how things have improved. I just plugged my phone into my comp running W8.1 OS and HiSuite came up on the screen saying it couldn't connect because it needed the Driver. I only wanted to charge the battery in the phone so I cancelled out of the screen and left the phone plugged in to charge. About 2 minutes later I noticed an Icon in the Taskbar and when I clicked on it, it showed it was downloading and installing the driver. W8.1 had proceeded to do the job automatically!
Who needs a special operation when the comp will do it for you?
Thanks for your Post regarding your backup solution. I hope it helps the guys with that problem. Neil.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones