• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Ubuntu on Galaxy S

HarryHyper

Lurker
Jul 30, 2010
Hey Guys!

This is my first post and it should be an interesting one. :D
Today I was trying to install Ubuntu on my rooted Galaxy S Vibrant. But, When I was moving the Contents of the download to my SD card, I realized that I didn't have enough space. I had a 2 gig SD card and the contents were just over 2 gigs (Plus the SD card really only had about 1.9 gigs) so obviously THAT wouldn't work. So I asked around and someone said that they had dropped the ubuntu contents into the internal memory instead of the SD card on their Moto DROID. Basically I am wondering if it is possible to do the installation process through my 16gb internal memory instead of the sd card. So for example in the guide telling you how to install ubuntu on android where it says to access the files for installation, they wouldn't be in the SD card, they would be in the internal memory.

Is this clear enough? :p

Thanks in advance

Harrison

That is interesting because the internal memory is treated like a SD card and any sd card you add to it, is treated as a subfolder via a symbollic link.

My internal storage on my Galay S looks like this:
/sdcard/

and any storage I add to this looks like"

/sdcard/sd

Maybe the bootloader is looking for /sdcard/

??

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones