UD8 issues

Last Updated:

1. gallandof

gallandof Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

So I have been loving UD8 for a few days and have been loving it. But this morning I came upon a huge issue, when the alarm goes off I get a system force close and my alarm never goes off. for some reason it only does this when its in landscape mode not portrait, sadly my dock isnt portrait lol. If any one knows of a fix to this that would be great dont want to switch ROMs yet :(

Advertisement
  2. kratos

kratos Back on my throne!!! VIP Member

I have been using UD8 for about four days now and haven't ever had this issue. I would suggest downloading a fresh copy of the ROM: BlackdroidMod -> Download Manager -> Motorola Droid -> Ultimate Droid Froyo eXtreme 8.0.0 - Motorola Droid (you will need to create an account, but this is Blackdroid's own forum) and just flash that without any wipes.

If that doesn't work, maybe try installing another fresh copy of the ROM with a wipe.

If neither of those work, you may want to look into a third party alarm clock app. If you don't want to do that, you may want to check out his forum: BlackdroidMod and see if there is anything about a fix for your issue.

Kratos

3. muab

muab Well-Known Member

Interestingly, I am on BB 0.4 and I started playing with new kernels. One of the ULV kernels did the exact same thing when my alarm went off. So, although I see you are running the stock kernel with UD8, I think you might want to try another kernel that other people are having success with on UD8 and see if that fixes it.

I have zero experience with UD8 so I can suggest nothing else.

4. gallandof

gallandof Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

will definately give that a shot when i get home, his forums blocked at work :( trying some other roms while im at it. so far UD8 has been best to me and dont wanna leave *throws a temper tantrum*

5. bsems1000

bsems1000 Well-Known Member

for some reason. I couldnt get any kernel to run on my UD8. Flashed back to stock, and about 4 days later of running smooth it bugged out. LP force closings out the a**, and my navigation was so slow..it wouldnt even render completely let alone give me any directions.

Loved the rom when it worked..but after the ton of fc's.. i just let it go. Ill chk out UD9 when its available.