1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

UFO is using my app!

1. usml

usml Active Member

I have a free app on Google Play that contacts a server for search results. The server logs user's request including phone's IP address (mind you that no user privacy data get logged).
    My report shows one day a phone made a few requests from an IP address in Stuart FL, and about 5 minutes later the same phone made another few requests from an IP in Chicago IL !!

Advertisement
    :
  2. iowabowtech

iowabowtech root@android:/ # Moderator

Perhaps Google servers running a checkin or similar service? Or a market app that communicates with your device for whatever reason? Just a guess, I'm not sure I understand exactly what you're saying but it sounded like you might suspect foul play or snooping from some undesired servers?
  3. Dieben

Dieben Well-Known Member

Interesting. What is the name of this app?
  4. Dieben

Dieben Well-Known Member

What carrier are you using?

IP Tunneling for Mobile IP can make your phone appear to be somewhere other than its actual location. I can make my phone appear to be in Phoenix or Chicago or . . .
  5. usml

usml Active Member

6. robertkoa

robertkoa Well-Known Member

Maybe you logged onto the

Interplanetary Wide Web instead of

World Wide Web ?

Interplanetary Web won't be

released until 2360 but maybe ........
  7. lunatic59

lunatic59 Moderati ergo sum Moderator

Does the report indicate the IP or only the location. If you lookup the ip from where you are *not* located you might be able to figure out that it is a proxy or an IP pool. Also, just to be clear, you have physical possession of any Android device registered to your Google account and you have never shared your credentials with anyone?