Uggg, frickin data is not workingSupport

Last Updated:

1. Curt941

Curt941 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Setup my phone last night, ported phone, all was well.

Today I used my phone and realized it didn't have the ported number, it had the temp number.

Also realized at that time that the data wasn't working (I thought it was just because I was in a building or something).

Tech Support says that it can take up to 72 hours to get the data to start working....

Sounds like B/S because the data was working last night....

WTF, anyone have this problem with Verizon before?

Advertisement
  2. thecrock0984

thecrock0984 Well-Known Member

Relax. Ive had this happen before. Think you will make it through it. Crying wont help though.

3. acoastal

acoastal Well-Known Member

Yeah, I did. Yesterday I went to get my number ported from AT&T. The guy said I would get a text message and then to dial that *228 number or whatever and that would set it up. A few minutes later my AT&T phone lost service and said there was no sim card or something. The problem was I never got my text message. I tried doing the *228 thing anyway with no results. At this point I didn't have any service on either phone.

I go back to the VZW store and tell them the issue. They call tech support eventually and finally get the number ported over. However, they had to do a factory reset of my phone so all the apps I had downloaded are not gone, including one I paid for. So with the phone reset they have me sign into gmail to activate the phone. The only problem is I no longer have any data service.

So now we're on the phone with tech support and they can't figure it out. We eventually get sent up to level 2 tech support and they eventually fix the problem. So after spending over 2 hours on the phone with tech support, I get my phone back. Huge pain in the ass. I do have to give props to the girl who stayed on the phone the whole time and even after the store had closed. Yes, I was the last customer still in the store...a fun 3 hours.

4. Curt941

So what was the final problem?

5. Curt941

Anybody else having this issue? I still have no data.

6. BaboonFury

BaboonFury New Member

I am having a data problem as well as I cannot receive over the air data. No apps, no maps, no updates, no GPS, no nothing! The phone throws loading errors and it doesn't work. Data over wifi works however. I called tech support yesterday and they said it is a known issue and there should be a software fix. Oddly enough my problems started after the software update from yesterday.