Ugh oooops...

Last Updated:

1. Diz

Diz Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Just realized that when I flashed my last Rubix update I'm now running 2.2.1. I like Rubix, but like some on here I'm a ROM switching fiend. I'm aware of the risk of running 2.2.1 and the lack of a full SBF, at least at this point, works been busy. Mistakes were made before I realized the lack of full 2.2.1 SBF.

My question to the AF community is, should I run into any problems if I try to flash the anything new such as the JRummy ROM, the new Apex, or even the new Tranq?

At this point I'm cautious to even restore my TranQ 3.0 back up. What should I expect if I give any of this a try?

Thanks.

Advertisement
  2. GrandMasterB

GrandMasterB Go Go Gadget Flow! VIP Member

Its very doubtful that your system is actually updated if all you did was flash RubiX. The labeling is a bit deceiving. Do me a favor and tell me what kernel you are on.

Menu/Settings/AboutPhone/KernelVersion

Is it,

2.6.32.9-gca645b6
    w30471@il93lnxdroid08 #1

GMB

3. Diz

I'm running kernal...
    2.6.32.9-GFB07887
    W30471@IL93LNXDROID08

4. GrandMasterB

That looks like you never took the Froyo OTA. Thats the old leak kernel right? The Froyo OTA kernel should be 2.6.32.9-ga42712e. If you truly updated to the leak your kernel would match what I posted above.

If you want I can further look into what RubiX you installed but RubiX can't update your kernel or bootloader for you. You would had to have done this yourself before flashing RubiX.

RubiX states that is has a 2.2.1 System because it is largely based on 2.2.1 files.

You can also boot into bootloader and look at the version to verify. Power off the device and the hold the volume up and down buttons at the same time while pressing power. You will see a little screen flash and let go. At the top yours Should say 30.01 if you never took the 2.2 OTA, should say 30.03 if you took the OTA and 30.04 if you flashed the full leak. Press power when you are done to exit.

GMB

5. Diz

You are correct. I never took the official OTA. Around the time I was thinking of doing so there's was a lot of bootloader talk.

So in summary I'm still safe to use the sbf's that are out there if my installs don't go as planned. Correct?

Thanks for the help.

6. GrandMasterB

Correct. You are fine to install your backups as well. FYI the new full SBF is on it way as well.

TBH & MyDroidWorld Strikes Back: 2.3.320 update **Must be rooted**

GMB

Diz likes this.