Ugh...rooting my 1.2 with 3.5 is aggrevating

Last Updated:

1. Raven198

Raven198 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Hey guys,

So I want to try and root my 1.2 with 3.5mm. Went to unlockr and it says I gotta make a gold card. But I swear as I was tryin to go through the instructions it keeps saying make sure you did this or that. I look up and see that I have 6 tabs running at once trying to do 1 thing. I gave up last night.

Is there an easier way? Do I have to make the gold card? Was my mind fried from working 12 hours then coming home and trying to do this? Am I ranting and sounding stupid now? Aren't Smurfs really green, but look blue because of bad pixels on the old TV's?

I'm new to this guys, so any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Advertisement
  2. dasudevil

dasudevil Well-Known Member

take a breather and relax. You will need time to do this type of root. You will need breaks. DO NOT SKIP A STEP!!!! Once you get it, you will be excited as hell. Trust me its worth it.

3. dcnarad

dcnarad New Member

Hey Raven
    GC is actually pretty crazy till you find the right steps. I would suggest cyanogenmod wiki .
    First read through it and where ever u see a link out to download, download first. Now that u have all the files downloaded then go through with the process.
    Note: when it says offset 00000170, select till the end of that line (0000017F).

Once the GC process is done it should be pretty easy. Best of luck

dcnarad :)

4. Raven198

Oh wow, that lays it all out alot easier. That makes a little more sense. I appreciate that Dcnarad. I'm gonna try this again on Wednesday when I have the day off. I'll give you guys an update Wednesday or Thursday.

5. Raven198

Hey I have a question.

1.If I purchased an app in the app store, am I going to loose it and have to repurchase it?

2.I understand I am doing a full wipe, but does anything get saved, or is there a way to back up things that are not on the SD card?

3.Should I write down what apps I have so I can find them again and reinstall them?

Just a few things I am wondering about.

Side note....Made my Goldcard, but it's bed time, so.....I'll go from there another time

6. dasudevil

dasudevil Well-Known Member

1.If I purchased an app in the app store, am I going to loose it and have to repurchase it? NO everything is tied to your gmail account.

2.I understand I am doing a full wipe, but does anything get saved, or is there a way to back up things that are not on the SD card? what are you looking to save?

3.Should I write down what apps I have so I can find them again and reinstall them? I did for double checking. I also used the back-up/app manager from Astro. That made things simple.

Do a backup then root then go back and install Astro again from the market and then do a recovery. Apps go one by one.

7. Raven198

So I got it done. Running Cyanogen 6.0.0. Loving it so far....I have noticed that my bars look to be fluctuating quite a bit. Other than that I think I like this alot better than 1.6.
    Thanks for the help guys, I really appreciate it.