ugh, seriously screwed up

Last Updated:

1. nitsuj17

nitsuj17 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

edit: was able to get the phone to boot now to stock, however still have internal storage problem, but i THINK i should be able to fix it from here....we ll see

edit 2: can't reroot without internal storage apparently....jeez. even installed android sdk on my work computer, hopefully people are irc to help when i get home!

edit 3: apparently i was using stock recovery in odin and not custom recovery. that was my problem. from there i was able to get into cwr and follow the voodoo removal steps on xda and then factory reset my phone, im good to go!

Advertisement
  2. saps

saps Well-Known Member

As of now can you boot? If so have you from within the phone done the factory data reset?

3. nitsuj17

yeah i reran all the steps in odin again and was able to restore the phone to factory settings. I wiped data and cache in stock recovery and data reset from settings on the phone. The only issue obviously is that the phone doesnt read as having any internal storage.

I tried everything in {FIXED} :) 0.00 internal storage problem - xda-developers but I can't root the phone because su can't be written, so when it reboots I get an error that no device exists in the command line.

I can't boot into cwr either because Im assuming it was over-written in the system or some other reason.

heres stock recovery on boot
    [​IMG]
    heres when i try to apply update.zip
    [​IMG]

4. jamesnmandy

jamesnmandy Well-Known Member

you have the same issue i was having......i ended up in the #samsung-fascinate channel over at irc.freenode.net and "angel12" and a few of the other devs walked me through things....it took a lot, way too much for me to even remember....but they got me through it

5. nitsuj17

thanks on there now trying

6. tats_06

tats_06 Well-Known Member

Did you flash voodoo? That's what the error is from. You need to completely remove voodoo, then if it still is acting out...use Odin to get back to stock.

7. nitsuj17

thanks guys, im all set now after doing a million different things im back to stock, and back to voodoo with no errors

that was by far the most taxing android experience ive ever had!

it all started when i flashed the 1200lv kernel and got bombed with force closes. but now im good to go!

8. saps

saps Well-Known Member

Sounds good now. Sorry for all the grief. I know I blast the horn for 1200LV but admittedly 1/4 of SF's dont seem to run it well. Not saying 100% your blame should be with that kernel though. Sounds like you're just at the 1Ghz with voodoo. Maybe spend a day with that and then tomorrow if you wanna try the OC try the 1100 or maybe the 1200SV or not. FC's can be related to the lower voltage of the LV but thats not a pure absolute. Thats why trying the 1200SV could fix your issues.

9. nitsuj17

Thanks saps. The major problem in this whole thing for me was my stupidity in not remove voodoo manually before restoring the phone which caused me a ton of grief. That and not installing the right recovery.

I think I just felt too confident I guess and breazed through everything (which I typically warn people not to) because on my dinc within 45 mins of opening the box I was rooted, s-off, running cm6 and overclocked kernels.

Sometimes I gotta remember to take a step back and dumb it down for myself when flashing stuff!

10. saps

saps Well-Known Member

Hey I humbly know a thing or two about a thing or two but even I had a borking last week with uninstalling voodoo v.1 and trying to move to voodoo v.2. Like you said we live and learn and it arguably says even more if we can soft-brick bork these things and get them back to live. Once you are good to go with the voodoo I think you know you can now just flash any of jt or dirrks kernels right on top of each other its seamless since they're all based on the same voodoo. 1200LV is great if it works for you, if not go with 1200sv or actually you clearly know what you're doing so you will make the right choice for you. Good luck if you try 1250lv even I cannot make that work. Most of us cannot I think it needs more voltage

11. ckochinsky125

ckochinsky125 Banned

For some reason i cant get adb to work when i try to open it it just closes right away. Any suggestions?

12. nitsuj17

have you used adb before on this computer or did you just install the sdk?

13. nitsuj17

yeah after some trial and error last night and this morning, I've determined my particular phone does not like the lv kernels, doesnt matter if its 1000, or up. Force closes, weird behavior and reboots. It would be nice to take advantage of its power-savings, but 1200sv works great for now: with lpp quadrants 1920-2050, linpack 9.4-9.8

Hopefully, some of the future lv kernels won't be set as low and my phone will respond differently, but im happy with sv for now.

My perfect scenario a month or so from now would be 2.2 out, cm6 available, and 1.4 voodoo rocking out!