• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Uh Oh. Here we go again with SMS crap.

Godfather13

Android Enthusiast
Nov 6, 2009
Atlanta, GA
Ok so just 10 min ago I get a text message from Handcent and I also get the Hero SMS envelope notification in the tool bar. I went back into applications and see where I can clear out the 8kb of data and force stop the Hero sms. Why is this now back as an issue?

My sleep/awake time is still fine and battery is ok, just the notification is back. I did have to reload my contacts yesterday, but text worked fine yesterday. Only thing new today was I was downloading a ringtone when someone called me and it locked up that dl screen. So I had to force close the Mabilo application. But I was able to go right back and finish dl song.

any ideas? do a restart maybe?

Ok, now 2 more new issues since I reported this.

1. My picsay app no longer has the color icon, just a gray star. Its the only app thats messed up, all others look normal. *read sticky about this issue. Deleted and reinstalled.

2. When I go into Advanced Task Killer it list an icon with a red X and says #ffcef7ef. This same set of numbers/letters shows up for a brief second when I open Handcent. Any ideas how to fix this? Uninstall Handcent and re-install maybe?

Upvote 0
Ok, now 2 more new issues since I reported this.

1. My picsay app no longer has the color icon, just a gray star. Its the only app thats messed up, all others look normal. *read sticky about this issue. Deleted and reinstalled.

2. When I go into Advanced Task Killer it list an icon with a red X and says #ffcef7ef. This same set of numbers/letters shows up for a brief second when I open Handcent. Any ideas how to fix this? Uninstall Handcent and re-install maybe?

There's an update for Handcent, that I think fixes #2

http://androidforums.com/sprint-htc-hero/17035-handcent-after-recent-update.html

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones