Uh oh! My phone is not the primary line on the account...

Last Updated:

1. Eazail70x7

Eazail70x7 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Does that mean I cant ever upgrade to a new phone!? My account used to be alone but when I got this phone, I had it merged into a family plan but its not the primary line.

Advertisement
  2. jwmacdon1231

jwmacdon1231 Well-Known Member

I'm pretty sure that you can call Sprint and make your number the primary account number. I would give them a call and find out.

3. Kelmar

Kelmar Done by choice VIP Member

You will still be eligible for upgrades, but rather than getting discounts on the phone every 1 year it is every 18 months or 2 years (can't remember which).

... but yes, you will still be eligible for upgrades.

4. SoulTerror

SoulTerror Well-Known Member

I got booted from the primary as well and it's every 2 years. Even though I love my Moment, I wish I didn't get it and re-extend my contract with Sprint.

5. Eazail70x7

So basically, after 2 years of having this phone, I will be able to upgrade to a new phone even as a secondary line on the account?

6. Kelmar

Yes, but remember that it will extend the contract.

You can also upgrade the phone w/o extending the contract by paying the EXPENSIVE price of the phone.

7. Eazail70x7

What would happen if my line left off of the family plan account? I can do that if I wanted to right? I don't want to do it now, but down the road I will probably need to at some point.

8. Kelmar

I'm sure you could... but I don't know any of the specific details to get it to happen.

I'm sure they would do it though.

9. vitaminjay1982

vitaminjay1982 Member

i just went through this same mess with sprint. it doesnt matter what number the main plan is attached to. they have a ranking system for all phones on the account. its a real simple fix actually. just gotta find somebody that knows what they are doing. i recommend calling on the weekends when the noobs are not working.

on a side not they are also able to tell you your ranking number for your local market. how that is determined is beyond me.