• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Uh-oh..... Nimble Hairy-hooted one gets his confidence up...

turbohobbit

Android Enthusiast
Aug 2, 2010
England
Well, in the last two months or so I've gone from owning a mobile phone and having no confidence to do anything with it, to owning a gold-carded, unbranded, rooted Desire with custom ROM, and an appetite to try new ROMs and even cook up some of my own. So thanks loads to Danfrance, EddieOS, Teppic, Williamj1, EvilGenius, Eris Ed, droidzone, and countless others who have answered my noob questions and given me the confidence to press on and have the phone do what it was designed to do.

I'll try and put together one her-yawjj goldcard-root-flash guide for noobs at some point (when the baby will allow me to settle down for an hour or so) using all the info that's been flung about here, but in the meantime, thanks again folks, your efforts and advice are, and continue to be, well appreciated.

Well, in the last two months or so I've gone from owning a mobile phone and having no confidence to do anything with it, to owning a gold-carded, unbranded, rooted Desire with custom ROM, and an appetite to try new ROMs and even cook up some of my own.

Although you kindly credit me as a helper, it's worth remembering that I'm only just past the rooting phase and haven't yet tried flashing a new ROM! 100% of the advice I received that got me to the rooting stage was given on these Forums, and mainly by the same people you give credit to, so I'll join you in offering my own thanks to everyone who helps.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones