• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Uh oh - tripped knox - what a DOH moment.

Romulous

Apr 1, 2012
Ireland
So after waiting for Cyanogen team to get their act together with the dialer debacle, i decided to go back to stock rom on my GT-I 9505.

After a failed attempt to go to Jellybean, i decided to go to Kitkat, and then thats when i noticed that Knox was tripped.

I have now spent several days trying to discover if it is possible to get root again, as any root apps that i run say they cannot get root access.

So, does any experts know if i need to bin this phone and get another, or just get over it and stay with Kitkat.

TIA.

Ironass.

I feel like an ASS. I have been rooting my S2, S3 and now my S4 for a long time now, and yet using all the root files that i obtained, the original one which you pointed me too worked right away, even SuperSu allowed me to Deknox!

Thanks buddy, i would send you a beer, but it would leak out the envelope! 8)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones