• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

orion421

Sep 19, 2010
okay so here i am a stupid noob....I did the 1 click root thing and that went okay, then i decided to flash kaosfroyo v34...now my eris seems like it's stuck in a loop on the boot up screen...the blue android screen with the white light scrolling across...is this normal or did i do something really wrong? been like this for about 10 minutes now..

also i did not do a nandroid backup...doh so i cant even figure out how to get another rom on the stupid thing...i dl'd another rom and tried to mount the phone from the recovery screen but it keeps disconnecting...any ideas or am i the first to brick my phone.

mods please move to the root section

it can take a while the first time you load a new rom..... this is normal....... you probably should have waited more than 10 minutes

however if youve messed up the flash then you have to flash again......

dont try to boot into normal mode....... boot into recovery......vol up + pwr button will get you there....... once there select 'flash zip from sdcard' and select the rom zip....... after it installs reboot the system...... and give it ample time to do its thing

Reactions: orion421
Upvote 0
It sounds like you could benefit from starting fresh with your first ROM, even a new download, md5 checksum match, wipe of "factory," "dalvik" and "sd:ext," then flash.

I've had to do that a time or two in order to set things straight with a new ROM.

Also, be sure take each step very slowly, with a lot of waiting before starting the next step, especially during that very first boot up after the flash.

By the way, just keeping the place tidy, orion, so I moved your thread to the All Things Root area of the Eris forums. ;)

Upvote 0
Thanks Frisco. I realized I posted in the wrong section right after I posted it. Now I have wiped everything and so far it's running pretty well. I have no idea what the md5 checksum match is... I have some more reading to do.

md5 checksum is a way to verify that the file is original and uncorrupted. some devs post their md5 numbers and you can run a program to make sure that the numbers match for the file that u downloaded, but do continue reading up. there is a wealth of knowledge on these forums and at xda

Let me chime-in re. this...:D

Check out these threads at your discretion:

[Begging] Devs - please publish your MD5's - xda-developers

I've created an app for doing this (and hope to publish an updated (v2.2) version yet tonight).

See this post in that thread: xda-developers - View Single Post - [Begging] Devs - please publish your MD5's (the app is also available here on AF: http://androidforums.com/eris-all-things-root/168942-phone-rom-checksum-verifier.html)

You can also reference this thread here on AF: http://androidforums.com/htc-droid-eris/138831-verify-your-files-md5-checksums.html (this is where my original app was/is published).

Hope that helps...try my app and let me know if you have any questions.

Cheers!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones