uh ohhh... battery issue

Last Updated:

1. LethalAndroid

LethalAndroid Member This Topic's Starter

So last night while working I spilled some water on myself... not a lot but pulled my phone out to find it had a few drops on the case. I have one of the body glove cases very nice. Well I pull the phone out and it seems dry.. blow off the case wipe down and blow off the phone. Two hours later phone dies... oh crap! So I freak out either it bricked for whatever reason or it got wet. So I get home plug it in and it turns on and off rapidly. Wtf... take out the battery runs fine. Switched batteries with the wife works fine. Her phone doesn't turn on with my battery. So I'm stuck... why did the battery go. It was not wet as I assumed and it never died before. I am at a loss of how this could happen.. any ideas?

Advertisement
  2. dB Zac

dB Zac Well-Known Member

Its rare but all it takes is one drop across the contacts to short it out.

3. may2700

may2700 Well-Known Member

dude, be happy, a battery is alot cheaper to replace than the phone

4. BucYouUp68

BucYouUp68 Well-Known Member

Um, Did you try to charge your battery? It takes about 5 minutes for the phone to turn on if the battery goes completly dead. This has been posted countless times.

5. messenger13

messenger13 Well-Known Member

Try charging that battery with the phone OFF for 2 hours and see what happens. If it is truly dead, go to your local friendly Verizon store and ask for a replacement. If they give you one, great. (I'm guessing they will.) If not, buy a new one. Not that big of a deal.

6. CRPercodani

CRPercodani OFWGKTA VIP Member

Probably using a sub-par charger, use the original wall outlet charger and see what happens after a couple hours. If it still doesn't work then your only out a battery and not a phone.