Uh ooohh!!! Plz help

Last Updated:

1. boomer187um

boomer187um Member This Topic's Starter

i've been running velocity .2 since it was released, just fine not one problem at all...but this past saturday i updated to .3 ever since then my ally would ramdomly freeze, and reboot. (and i DID clear the three items wipe data, wipe cache, and delvik cache) like i ALWAYS do) so this morning i thought i'd revert back to .2 booted to recovery via rom manager, proceeded as i usually would.. and cannot get past the red velocity boot logo. so booted to recovery again, did it all over, ans got the same resaults. so then i tried .3 again, same thing...so then i tried the aloha rom and the only thing different is when the aloha boots it colors the droid logo, then goes to a green kinda boot screen for a min or 2 and then it reboots and will just repeat. WTF did i do! i can still boot to recovery, but that is it.

Advertisement
  2. Goonie21

Goonie21 Well-Known Member

Something similar happened to me a few weeks ago when I was trying to go back to velocity from raptor I fixed it by downloading VzB Rooted from http://www.savoxis.com/ally/roms.html. Then I reinstalled velocity been running cool everysince.

3. death2all110

death2all110 VIP Member VIP Member

Sounds like you need to actually flash the stock rom via usb first and start over.

4. boomer187um

Ff1 reply all day? I'm suprised....

Well I fixed it. The only thing did I differently, (and I was just doing random things) I removed my sd card and put in another device and backed it up then formatted it in windows and copind the aloha rom to it. Did rom install as normal and it worked first time. I still don't get it...but seem to be running smooth now. Not sure if I will attempt to switch back until I kno what happend. That is if I do, no offense to trident, velocity is definitly a GREAT rom, but I am likeing this aloha rom very much so far.

5. death2all110

death2all110 VIP Member VIP Member

by aloha rom do you mean the stock rom?

6. jreed2560

jreed2560 Well-Known Member

did you partition your sd card for apps2sd?

7. boomer187um

Lmao no sorry..just realized, I mean the raptor rom. Wow that's bad...

I did partition for apps2sd in the past but I never worked. And when I tried to format the ext partition from within recovery it would fail every time. Saying the file exisited or something like That

8. jreed2560

jreed2560 Well-Known Member

Back in the day with my eris, if I partitioned for a2sd and flashed another rom, I had to repartition the card and set all the values to 0.