Uh...what just happened?General

Last Updated:

1. mandirae16

mandirae16 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I was trying to root my replacement phone that I just got from verizon running 1.5. I downloaded the file from the root forum and placed it on my sd card. I then hit volume down+power button. It did its thing, and asked me if I wanted to update. Thinking that was the root file it was loading. Now I'm not so sure. Because when my phone rebooted, now I am on 2.1. How can I tell if it just downloaded the OTA on my phone? Anyone know?

edit: disregard this post. I got it figured out. I did get root. Please close this.

Advertisement
  2. false_apology

false_apology Well-Known Member

When you go to "Settings" -> "About Phone" -> "Software Information" , does it say "release keys" after the version numbers listed under "Build Numbers"?

If it does, you got the official update. If it says something else (I think it is "test-keys" or something along those lines) you are rooted.

3. roscuthiii

roscuthiii Well-Known Member

You would probably get better results if you posted your question in the "All Things Root" sub-forum, but, to my knowledge, I think the application you used both rooted you and upgraded you to 2.1...