• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Tamasabian

Apr 7, 2010
US/Ohio
I was wondering if someone could assist me in changing my UI. Is it necessary to be rooted to alter your UI? When you change your UI will it affect your saved scenes? I want to try something new but I also don't want to be stuck without my saved scenes.

Thanks for any help
-Cheers

you dont need to be rooted. and it doesnt delete sense so theres no worry. you are always able to go back. go to the market plac and install helix/openhome/gde/whichever you want to use as a replacement. after download everytime you press the HOME button it will ask which one you want to use. you can set one to default if you would like.

even with helix running as my default i can switch anytime back to the original sense UI

Upvote 0
Or if you are looking to change your UI without a 3rd party app, like Helix, you could go root and then do it that way. There is a few options you can go. Its just up to you if you want to root or not, which is very easy to do. The guide that is in the root forum makes it cake to do. Only reason why I did it.

Upvote 0
you dont need to be rooted. and it doesnt delete sense so theres no worry. you are always able to go back. go to the market plac and install helix/openhome/gde/whichever you want to use as a replacement. after download everytime you press the HOME button it will ask which one you want to use. you can set one to default if you would like.

even with helix running as my default i can switch anytime back to the original sense UI

Where can I find helix? Do i need 2.1?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones