• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help UID 10017 chewing up my battery life

sharpgator

Apr 18, 2010
I am going through a battery about every 4 to 5 hours despite taking all of the usual precautions. I have checked for the GPS drain and got nothing there.

When I run BatteryLeft and check CPU usage and network usage my top 2 BY FAR are UID 10017 and Amazon MP3. I have ATK set to kill Amazon MP3(which I don't use) every time the screen goes off.

Does anybody know what UID 10017 is and how I get it to quit using my battery?

Thanks.

I had a UID 1001 a few days ago that was keeping my phone awake (didn't drain as fast as the GPS bug, though) and it basically caused my phone to drop to around 30% in 10 hours or so. I rebooted the phone, charged it, then went 36 hours and only got it down to 40%.

EDIT: It did say UID 1001 was a sensor, but nothing beyond that.

Upvote 0
Odd thing happened over the weekend. I charge mine overnight every day. Saturday, I took it off the charger and within 20 minutes it dropped to 90%. It dropped pretty quickly after that for the rest of the day, and I barely touched it. Sunday, I took it off the charger, used it a bit more than Saturday, and it didn't drop to 90% until 2-3 hours later? By the time I went to bed, I was still at 60%! I wish it was like that every day!!! Most of the time, it's the UID things that are active, but I don't see anyone saying what that is exactly. Today, so far, it's acting like Saturday. In the 3 weeks I've had it, I only had "good" battery life 2 days. The rest seemed to drain very rapidly. This thing is possessed!

Upvote 0
I'm having issues with UID 10017 too (DX, Android 2.2.1). This just started 2 days ago and is definitely different from the GPS bug. My phone was doing great - lasting 2 full days per charge, then all the sudden I went from 80% to 30% battery in 1.5 hrs with the phone in my pocket. This repeats everytime I unplug my phone now. I checked spare parts and it's constantly running 100% - in partial wake usage, UID 10017 is WAY high with nothing else even close.

Assuming this is the browser, what can I do about it? I've rebooted a bunch of times, cleared my history/cookies/cache, but it won't stop running. I'm not rooted, so there's not even a way to delete and reinstall the stock browser. The only way to stop my phone from running is to turn on airplane mode.....

Any help?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones