UID 10017 chewing up my battery lifeSupport

Last Updated:

1. sharpgator

sharpgator Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I am going through a battery about every 4 to 5 hours despite taking all of the usual precautions. I have checked for the GPS drain and got nothing there.

When I run BatteryLeft and check CPU usage and network usage my top 2 BY FAR are UID 10017 and Amazon MP3. I have ATK set to kill Amazon MP3(which I don't use) every time the screen goes off.

Does anybody know what UID 10017 is and how I get it to quit using my battery?

Thanks.

Advertisement
  2. gotmydroidx

gotmydroidx Well-Known Member

Not sure what it is but I'v been having serious battery problems. Yesterday it drained to zero and I left it that way for several hours. Charged it over night and today I'm going into my 6th hour and the battery has not budged. It sounds like a battery problem...

3. mahers

mahers Well-Known Member

I see that same thing. When I click on it, it tells you what's using it. Mine tells me it's my Dolphin browser. Check it out.

4. ekyle

ekyle Well-Known Member

I was having great battery life until yesterday. I noticed that uid 10017 is devouring my battery. I didn't make any changes that I can think of... I have no idea what happened... :(

5. woohoo212

woohoo212 New Member

Spare Parts is telling me that UID 10017 is eating up at least 20x the battery than the android system in the "partial wake usage". Does anyone know what UID 10017 is?

6. mwpeck

mwpeck Well-Known Member

I had a UID 1001 a few days ago that was keeping my phone awake (didn't drain as fast as the GPS bug, though) and it basically caused my phone to drop to around 30% in 10 hours or so. I rebooted the phone, charged it, then went 36 hours and only got it down to 40%.

EDIT: It did say UID 1001 was a sensor, but nothing beyond that.

7. mahers

mahers Well-Known Member

Odd thing happened over the weekend. I charge mine overnight every day. Saturday, I took it off the charger and within 20 minutes it dropped to 90%. It dropped pretty quickly after that for the rest of the day, and I barely touched it. Sunday, I took it off the charger, used it a bit more than Saturday, and it didn't drop to 90% until 2-3 hours later? By the time I went to bed, I was still at 60%! I wish it was like that every day!!! Most of the time, it's the UID things that are active, but I don't see anyone saying what that is exactly. Today, so far, it's acting like Saturday. In the 3 weeks I've had it, I only had "good" battery life 2 days. The rest seemed to drain very rapidly. This thing is possessed!

8. ekyle

ekyle Well-Known Member

My issue ins't in CPU cycles ot partial wake but rather the service is using large amounts of data... I can't seem to find what is causing it. I did not have this problem last week...

9. bobthebob

bobthebob Active Member

so - no one knows what these services/apps are?!?

10. bobthebob

bobthebob Active Member

UID 10017 is the Browser...

11. Coolguy71261

Coolguy71261 Well-Known Member

Ok android system is killing my battery

12. JSully_

JSully_ New Member

I'm having issues with UID 10017 too (DX, Android 2.2.1). This just started 2 days ago and is definitely different from the GPS bug. My phone was doing great - lasting 2 full days per charge, then all the sudden I went from 80% to 30% battery in 1.5 hrs with the phone in my pocket. This repeats everytime I unplug my phone now. I checked spare parts and it's constantly running 100% - in partial wake usage, UID 10017 is WAY high with nothing else even close.

Assuming this is the browser, what can I do about it? I've rebooted a bunch of times, cleared my history/cookies/cache, but it won't stop running. I'm not rooted, so there's not even a way to delete and reinstall the stock browser. The only way to stop my phone from running is to turn on airplane mode.....

Any help?