UID 10074 Using tons of partial wake battery?

Last Updated:

1. Scottyent

Scottyent Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Hey all, I was curious if anyone else has seen this. On my last full discharge, I looked at the Spare Parts app battery history, and took a look at partial wake usage since I've read thats where you can see what apps are really draining your battery. What i saw that above everything was UID 10074, then android system, and then usual stuff. What is UID 10074? I google and searched, but the one time it was mentioned someone said they didn't know. It said something like over 3hours usage for partial wake for UID 10074. My battery life isn't terrible, but this thing seems like its hogging resources?

Advertisement
  2. johnlgalt

johnlgalt Antidisestablishmentarian VIP Member

I went looking, and found three different references to this UID:

Issue 395 - cyanogenmod - Square blank spot in map when opened through WeatherBug, Locale or My Tracks - Project Hosting on Google Code - it refers to Android Maps

http://74.125.95.132/search?q=cache...074&cd=7&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us&client=firefox-a - it refers to BluetoothWidget

http://pastebin.com/pastebin.php?dl=m2cb90e32 (this is a PHP file that I opened in Notepad++ on my computer) - it references BootReceiver:

My guess is that it is the actual connection manager, as it references different types of connections each time, but each is a connection.

3. Scottyent

Hmmm...weird. I saw the first reference and I was confused, because I don't even have myTracks installed. I have the power manager widget on one of my screens, and i'd say that 90-95% of the time, the only thing I have on is auto-sync. GPS is very occasional, and bluetooth is maybe even never.

I'm monitoring it closer now, and right now after 3 hours up time, it's only been 1minute 54 seconds of partial wake. It was just the fact that it dominated partial wake yesterday that bothered me. Thanks for looking and giving me your opinion! I'm gonna keep monitoring it and see if their are any radio receiver trends, or certain application services running during those times.

I'll post if I can figure anything out!

P.S. do you (or anyone) see UID 10074 at all? Even at the very bottom of usage?

4. square

square Well-Known Member

this isn't using much battery, but it is showing up in my partial wake usage...just recently. a google search returned this thread.

5. Scottyent

ello again square ;)

Mine doesn't use a ridiculous amount of battery, but its relatively consistent in coming in 2nd-4th for partial wake usage. Sometimes thats minimal, sometimes it's easily the winner. I'd really like to know what it is

6. Scottyent

Has anyone else had more experience with this? Do many other people see it on their partial wake usage? Its not horrible, but for my total usage for life of the phone, it is easily a strong second to Android System for partial wake usage of battery. It's bothersome to not know what it is, and today in particular its draining down the battery.

Thoughts?

7. Scottyent

I hate to bump this again, but its just really bothering me. UID 10074 is regularly at the top of my partial wake, and its been about an hour consistently for the last three days. My battery has been tanking lately, so I wonder if that has something to do with it. I think it might be related to handcent sms

8. zeus111981

zeus111981 Member

I have uid 10006 doing the same thing. Did you ever figure out the issue?

9. gruss

gruss Well-Known Member

When you hit it does it give you any info? I've also found what some of these were by going into battery history, or spare parts whatever, going to partial wake, don't hit anything then going to network usage. Most if the time it will then list the programs associated with that uid if it doesn't force close. Oh btw if you need space on your phone and only use spare parts for battery info, grab anycut, its 31k and has the shortcut to it without the possible trouble of spare parts and much more lightweight.