UID 10081: what is this?

Last Updated:

1. cabbie

cabbie Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Next to android system this is whats using my network usage the most.

Advertisement
  2. cabbie

I need an 'earlymon' signal to summon him, he seems to know this sort of thing ;\

3. cabbie

bump

~cabbie

4. Rigmaster

Rigmaster Well-Known Member

I'm pretty sure it's something in the code for gTalk which is used for chat and VOIP by Google apps. It's integrated with gMail so if you use gMail, it might be running in the background full-time since it's specifically for instant communication.

5. Alto101

Alto101 Member

6. cabbie

I do use gmail but I use gtalk a lot more throughout the day, makes sense. I wonder what the most battery friendly im chat is.

I also see "0" as taking up a ton of network usage, what is that?

~cabbie

7. Rigmaster

Not sure about what you specifically mean, but HDMI out is not supported within Android 2.1 so Sprint wrote code specifically to address that shortfall. It might be one of the reasons why people are finding it difficult to have consistency with HDMI out because the microHMDI v1.4 has turned out to be not as backward-compatible to HDMI v1.1-1.3 as originally spec'd.

As far as network usage, I have no clue. YouTube HQ would be the only app I know that consistently tries to use the coding around video out. Perhaps video-related apps/programs might, but I don't know. Even more baffling is that the audio on mHDMI operates more like audio run separately from video similar to how it was done with older, non-1080P HDTVs in home theaters with 1080P capable other equipment.

8. Mabster

Mabster Well-Known Member

I've asked this multiple times and have never gotten a response.

9. Rigmaster

Can't find any meaning for the code. Based on programming logic though - the likely culprit is something(s) that are continuously looking for updates or connection. 3G/4G/wifi, gMail, gTalk, Twitter, Facebook, Location Services, push email, or anything that might be looking for continuously available information.

It really is hard to pin down exactly what that one code is.

10. Rigmaster

BTW, gMail and gTalk continuously run unless you set them not to run automatically under settings. That applies to other features/apps you may have linked to gMail or gTalk as well.

I don't use gMail, Facebook, Twitter, or any other real-time feed social networking tools so they don't impact my battery.

Being connected pretty much means using network and battery.