Uk 3, 2.2?

Last Updated:

1. shanemason

shanemason New Member This Topic's Starter

first of all id like to say Hi to everyone on here , i have had the desire for a few days now and LOVE IT!

I used to have the Blackberry 9700 and didnt think i could be converted to a touch screen phone, but i have!

I got the phone from a 3 shop and the guy mentioned that i can get the 2.2 update for it, ive tried to have a look but cannot see how to do this anywhere?!?

Has anyone on here managed to update on 3 and if so how??

Thanks

Shane

Advertisement
  2. westbros

westbros Well-Known Member

Hi there. From what I understand, assuming you have a branded phone from 3 (which as you bought it from the 3 Store it probably is - check if the 3 logo is displayed on start up), 2.2 FroYo is not yet available. HTC is apparently working with 3 to bring out a version of FroYo in the near future, but a date hasn't been announced yet. Check out Tech Radar on Android 2.2 release date: when will you get it? | News | TechRadar UK . Currently 2.2 is only available on unlocked Desires and on locked/branded ones from Vodafone. O2 did release 2.2 on Monday but had to withdraw it because of problems with phones freezing. So I guess it's just a matter of time before you get it.

3. adzila

adzila Active Member

Im on 3 and was able to upgrade to 2.2 a few weeks ago. Got my handset on on upgrade directley from 3 retentions though, maybe as yours is from a store its a different story?

Anyway, have you tried going to settings, about phone, check network updates?

If its availible for you, thats where you will find it.

4. chris 290

chris 290 Well-Known Member

Bought mine from 3 store and updated to froyo as mine was unlocked and unbranded.

5. adzila

adzila Active Member

Looks like you should be able to do it then, westbros.

Worth manually looking by the sounds of things though

6. tiring_day

tiring_day Well-Known Member

7. westbros

Adzila, I got mine from CPW and it was unlocked and unbranded and came with 2.2 already on board. :)

8. westbros

I would just add that originally 3 Stores were selling unlocked unbranded Desire phones, but the latest batch are now branded. If you have one from the earlier batch you will be able to get 2.2, but if you have one of the later branded batch you will have to wait for the official 3 Uk 2.2 update.

9. adzila

adzila Active Member

Pants. Think its a good selling point for them selling the unbranded unlocked phones. Wonder whats made them change?

10. LRMaggot

LRMaggot Active Member

Not strictly true. I have one of the earlier unbranded 3 phones (7th May) and I have not yet received the 2.2 update. No branding physically on the phone or on start up. Up to a few days ago all I could get as an update was a software one to 1.21. Now when I check for an update there are none available. Go figure?!?!?

11. adzila

adzila Active Member

The plot thickens. Really cant understand this now then. Mines unbranded, can get it, the branded ones cant, yet, then you cant get it with your unbranded either???

12. jim_h

jim_h Well-Known Member

I'm on a branded one from 3 and can't get an update yet either.

13. JsT

JsT Well-Known Member

Heres hoping it is September!