UK Grime fans?

1. ZxRishixZ

ZxRishixZ Well-Known Member

So Grime is like rap but obviously British artists.
    JME, Kano, Giggs, Devlin, Wiley, Ghetts...

All top at the moment, new to it and im loving what im hearing.

Any of you guys listen to it?

Advertisement
  2. MattGodders

MattGodders New Member

Check out Elro. His warm up session for SBTV is so funny.
  3. ZxRishixZ

LOL Elro looks exactly like Chris Griffin off family guy. Ive heard this guy before he's got good bars
  4. Dubstep

Dubstep Well-Known Member

Grime is pretty cool. How is it rap though??
  5. ZxRishixZ

True
  6. mikedt

mikedt 你好 Guide

So Grime is like Rap, but it's not like Rap? :confused: Can't say I've ever heard of it though, maybe I've been out of the UK for too long?
  7. ZxRishixZ

LOL i said that because it sounds similar but is not exactly like it :eek:. You should listen to it, its good stuff!
    mikedt likes this.
  8. bambam2012

bambam2012 New Member

What the hell you on about how is grime like rap? Because words rhyme and there's usually a catchy beat......like most genres....back at the start of grime or should I say before grime, was "Eski" created by "grime" mc wiley. Now when all this came in with Mc's like payg, heartless crew, d double e, kano an footsie from nasty crew/ newham generals. Flirta d from slk had a next style and stood out like a sore thumb! There were a lot more underground mcs that produced loads better music and lyrics than there is now... Grime now is more dubstep like where as the Eski beats and early grime like "geenius what" were a lot more grimey. Skepta still does his thing...dizzee was better before he went commercial and of course "wiley" I can see why he went commercial...
  9. SmallTock

SmallTock Active Member

I'm not an avid listener, but grime is great! Grime is like rap because grime artists are rappers. Grime is not like rap, though, because it's a completely different style of music other than the fact that there are MC's. Grime is generally more aggressive as well.