UK O2 HTC Desire conferance callsSupport

Last Updated:

1. himskm

himskm New Member This Topic's Starter

Hi i am on O2 network in the UK.
    now HTC desire has the conference calling (3 way calling) ability, but i am not able to do so.
    i talked to O2 people and they don't know about it and i looked at online forums and it seems conference calling is only available to iphone tariffs.

is there any way that i can use the facility from my desire, without changing the tariff??

thanks

Advertisement
  2. SUroot

SUroot Well-Known Member Developer

There are applications that supposedly do this. HulloMail do one, but I'm not sure it works on the desire. Search on market

The problem with o2 is that they released a few services for iphone which they didnt release to other customers (like visual voicemail for example).

I hadn't heard of this service, but now i'm annoyed that agin - I can't use it.

3. speedycolzalez

speedycolzalez Well-Known Member

Works fine for me on the standard O2 smartphone tariff.

I call the the first number. When its answered hit Menu / Add Call & call the second number. I haven't tried it with three though !!

It also works on my work O2 Nokia 6303 fwiw.

4. himskm

are you by any chance talking about putting one call on hold and talking to the second person...... if yes then this is not what i am saying...3 way calling is when you make the second call and then merge the calls so that you can talk to both the persons at the same time (simply like a skype conference call).....

5. SUroot

SUroot Well-Known Member Developer

He did mention "add call" though... Sounds like you're talking about the same thing. could be wrong.

6. speedycolzalez

speedycolzalez Well-Known Member

No, I'm talking about conference calls with more than one person :)

7. himskm

thanks.....
    if any one tried conference calls on O2--HTC desire please let me know.
    or if there is another way............

8. Replay

Replay Active Member

From the user's guide for another HTC model, maybe works with the desire:

To set up a conference call, make a call to the first conference call participant. When connected, tap Menu > Add call, and then dial the number of the second participant. The first participant is put on hold when you dial the second participant. When connected to the second participant, tap Menu > Merge calls.

9. kevinx

kevinx Active Member

The Desire IS able to make conference calls (up to 6 people), but this is a NETWORK service also. If it is not provisioned on your account, then you'll not be able to do it

10. hashimjamal

hashimjamal Member

Hi guys,

One thing that android misses wrt Symbian is that, when in conference call, one cant see who is in the conference call, whereas in Symbian, one can see whos in the call...