UK Orange HTC Desire

Last Updated:

1. PJW

PJW Member This Topic's Starter

I have the above phone for 5 months now. Recently updated OTA to Froyo and 2 things happened:
    1) Bluetooth sync with my car (2009 BMW 3) now only shows about 6 contacts vs 120+
    2) It won't link to the Internet when tethering.
    A very nice lady at Orange arranged a next day replacement of my phone with a brand new one, still the same problems.
    Spoke to a nice lady at Orange tech who told me that these were both known problems to be addressed by an upgrade in approx Feb 2011.
    I am tempted to debrand but am a little concerned as all the instructions I have read refer to doing this with earlier versions than Froyo and earlier Hboots than 9.3 (I think).
    Can anyone advise me on how realistic and helpful it would be to debrand (not root as I do not have the confidence) and whether there are any more recent sets of instructions than those I have seen dated around June this year.

Any advice would be most welcome

Advertisement
  2. Martimus

Martimus One bite at a time... Moderator

3. Steven58

Steven58 Reformed PH VIP Member

Welcome to the Android Forums community! We're glad you singed up! Feel free to join the conversations! If you need any help finding your way, please PM me. :)