1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

(UK) RAC Traffic app

Last Updated:

1. Markerton

Markerton Member This Topic's Starter

Firstly, I'd just like to apologise if anyone else has done this previously.

I'd just like to sing the praises of the RAC Traffic app. It's bloody useful, especially for those who have a commute along the British motorways.

Last week, I set off towards the M40 in Warwickshire and hit a bit of traffic. Unusual for 7:35am along that route. The traffic started building up and I started to panic in-case I was late for work. So, I got the Wildfire out, loaded the RAC Traffic app and had a look. 90 minute delays on the M40 Southbound. As I was going North, I stayed in the traffic jam. Needless to say, where the roundabout was that split the North and South traffic there was absolutely no traffic going my way.

Extremely useful as I stopped panicking and just listened to Last FM (via Bluetooth).

It happened again this weekend, too! We were going on a trip (around 45 minute drive) and we hit traffic. Got the phone out, looked at the traffic, and managed to use an alternate route through the residential areas using my SatNav.

I'd strongly recommend this application to anyone who has to do a bit of driving/has a lengthy commute.

Mark

Advertisement
  2. PabloEscobar

PabloEscobar Well-Known Member

cant find it on appbrain or the market, do you have the QR code or a link to it please?

3. Markerton

Markerton Member This Topic's Starter

Here's the QR!

[​IMG]