1. Tablet future looks bright! Read more about: Alcatel Xess | Samsung Galaxy View
    New Forums: Alcatel Xess | Samsung Galaxy View
    Dismiss Notice

UK ReleaseGeneral

Last Updated:

1. billytrueblue

billytrueblue Well-Known Member

Hi
    Any info on when this little beauty will come to the UK ?
    I'm due a new phone in March, got the HTC Sensation XE just now.

I really like the look of this one :)

Advertisement
  2. OutOfPhase

OutOfPhase Premium Member

Looks like Feb 28th.

Check it out HERE
    billytrueblue likes this.
  3. craftycarper

craftycarper Well-Known Member

Yep, ordered mine today, delivery date of 28th Feb. Can't wait, had a quick play with one in a 3UK store, very nice.:D
  4. Spewy

Spewy Well-Known Member

I have just had a play with the XZ in the 3 store in Manchester. Got to say, I was very dissapointed. I had decided this would be my next phone but not any more. The phone did not have thepremim feel I expected, there was lag between the home screens (as it seemed to restart the widgets. The viewing anles were awful (I had heard they were bad but far worse than I expected). Did not feel good in the pocket, too angular.
    All in all in appears to be a fail by Sony, I feel quite deflated. Hope the HTC M7 proves to be a better option but from the recent leaks I'm not convinced about that either (looks like the new Blackberry).
  5. craftycarper

6. sm1979

sm1979 Member

I really am tempted to get this phone, but one thing puts me off. No HTC Sense.

I am a very big fan of this, and the live weather wallpaper and clock feels snazzy to me. Going back to a bog standard background would feel like a backward step now. It might sound stupid to some, but I will see what HTC One brings to the table in a few days.
  7. craftycarper

Pre order cancelled, i jumped on the pre order to secure the headphones with the release of the One being the deciding factor.........and after the "event" announcing the One, i have plumped for that, not sure i could have lasted the 2 year contract with the substandard screen Sony have decided to put in the XZ.

I'm not saying it's a totally bad screen, but it has been documented that Sony cheaped out on the screen to keep improvements elsewhere.:(:(
  8. cybertec69

cybertec69 Well-Known Member

Try loading Nova Launcher if you can, then run it again.
  9. Geoffxx

Geoffxx New Member

could be way off base here and perhaps sony rushed the phone to market without ironing out some bugs - which I'm sure they will address in future updates

anyway, I notice that it ships with Mcaffee virus installed, would this be the cause of some lag - just a thought
  10. matt190191

matt190191 Well-Known Member

No I doubt it's mcafee because it needs to be setup/run before it is able to run in the backround. And I agree with the lag it just needs optimising should be fixed in the 4.2 update.