• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Oblig

Jan 20, 2012
I have put up with the dodgy wifi and the white spot (much larger than a pixel) on my screen, especially against white. But now the camera is a green and pink static mess so I have been asked to return it - so I will. What are the chances of getting it repaired with a plastic strip?

I sent mine back only last week for a failed rear facing camera. Got to say the service was incredibly fast considering it whisps off to BRNO in the Czech Republic and back again!

But you have sod all chance of getting a plastic casing on the back, more likely to get a newly refurbished unit if the screen is knackered. You might be offered one of the GPS units if you did not apply for one at the time/and or and extension to your warranty. I took both, but found I barley use the GPS anyhow and the actual unit is sat in the car somewhere having only been used once! The only bug bare is that the weather widget struggles to locate me exactly.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones