UK specific: That (censored) top 40 app!Support

1. richsausage

richsausage Member

It's driving me nuts.

The latest firmware has the "Official Top 40" app included with the OS.

I updated it in Google Play so I wouldn't have to have google play constantly nagging me to update it, despite having no intention to ever use it.

Now it seems to nag me daily to sign up and get free music delivered to my phone. I'm not interested in this app - I can download and manage my own music, thankyouverymuch!

Is there anyway I can force stop the app at boot time short of rooting the phone, or do we have to wait until ICS/JB eventually arrives to disable it?

I'm annoyed with Samsung for making it mandatory. It takes the shine off an otherwise awesome phone.

Advertisement
  2. sniperdude

sniperdude Well-Known Member

yeah I get the same from the top 40 app and when you actually do update it it nags even more trying to get you to use it lol

Samsung I don't listen to the top 40 leave me alone.

chat on is doing the nagging to now....another app i will never use.
  3. GrahamF

GrahamF Well-Known Member

Hi, I've kept my Ace 2 as it came, without updating from 2.3.6
    I had the Top 40 app which I just deleted & it didn't come with ChatOn.

Just thought I would mention it to annoy "sniperdude" & "richsausage"............haha!!! Only joking, hope you can get rid of these waste of space apps! ;)
  4. sniperdude

sniperdude Well-Known Member

Theirs always one on every forum haha its normally me :D

I downgraded the top 40 app to the original installed version and turned off
    notifications for updates in Samsung apps, Samsung top 40 no longer bothers me now.

I also checked running processors and top40 an chaton are not running so all is well.....other than them taking up storage space.