UK support on this forum?General

Last Updated:

1. reloadmc

reloadmc Member This Topic's Starter

Apr 5, 2010
    hi everyone im new to android (got a milestone uk about a month ago) since then ive already had 2 haha (1st had software and a usb fault) i was just wondering if anyone is an experienced uk android user so we can start sharing tips n n tricks also update news and so on for the uk users

no uk 2.1 update is out yet i have had around three different SPF files and each one seemed to be the nexus one firmware ( will confirm milestone update when i find one)

seems like people are getting abit over excited with the 'free the bootloader' campaign ( there are alot of more important issues than a bootloader ie, no REAL divx support, the whole flash 10.1 thing, motonav replacement once the trial ends) (i have sygic so doesnt really apply to me)
    the list goes on.

also i have a question as i have uprgaded and then downgraded my firmware a number of times i cannot connect to the update service via my phone, is this normal? if it is the its not a problem i will manually apply it when the update is released

my phones insured so im not to worried about bricking it so im prepared to do alot of trial and error and plus over the last month i have gained quite a knowledge with android so if ppl get stuck or have problems i may be able to help

2. sapphire

sapphire New Member

Apr 4, 2010
    you mean that you get the info 'cannot connect to the server' or you cannot connect to the computer?

cause i get 'cannot connect...' A LOT (i assume many of us try to update every minute) but sometimes it works (early morning, late night).

i have updated the software only once (2.0 to official 2.0.1 using the moto software update) and then the software stopped detecting my phone (although the small tray icon still says that the phone is connected). but thats probably my computers fault.

sadly my phone is not insured so im waiting for the 2.1 OTA...