UK User Looking For USA PAYG Sim Only Unlimited Data?

Last Updated:

1. pugface

pugface New Member This Topic's Starter

Hi everyone

I'm new to the forums and have found it fascinating to learn so much about what's going on with Android.

I am a UK owner of a Nexus One. I'm taking a couple of trips to the US over the next couple of months.

I want to use my phone for Navigation and Google Maps, big data hogs.

So I want to swap my current sim with one I can buy from ebay or while I am in the US which will give me unlimited (or lots of) data on a pay as you go or pre-pay basis (because I won't be able to have a contract, nor do I want one when I will only be there for a couple of months)

Someone suggested T-Mobile but their online chat representative said they don't offer what I'm after.

So, does anyone know of a sim only, pay as you go or pre-pay, contract free (because I don't have a US address), plan which will give me lots of data usage (calls are really unimportant)?

Thanks in advance!

Advertisement
  2. vido.ardes

vido.ardes Well-Known Member

Welcome to the Android Forums!!

To be honest, I am not sure about US data plans (I am in the UK myself) but I would think this is what you are looking for.

3. pugface

pugface New Member This Topic's Starter

Thanks for that, and the welcome.

This was the plan originally suggested to me but I was told by T-Mobile USA that I wouldn't be able to take this plan as I am not a US resident and have a Nexus One. They couldn't tell me why the Nexus One made any difference though!

If anyone has experience in this matter, I'd love to hear from you. The thought of paying

4. BigTimeNexusFan

BigTimeNexusFan Well-Known Member

I don't think that is accurate. I went into a T-Mobile store and asked for the "Even more plus" plan which is a pre-paid, no contract system. The guy asked for my phone, inserted a new sim and got it configured. I handed him cash and that was the end of that. No contracts... no worries, unlimited data. He complimented my phone and that was it.

You shouldn't have any issues. If your still worried though, I would just call the store nearest where I was going and check.