UK users - What version are you running?General

Last Updated:

1. d.knight99

d.knight99 Well-Known Member

Now, correct me if I'm wrong, but I was under the impression that by buying a Nexus, I'd be getting the 'Pure Google' experience, part of which includes timely updates as and when they get released...

But I'm still on 4.0.2. What gives? If it makes a difference, my carrier is Orange UK.

I don't really want the hassle of rooting and flashing the updates manually, because to be honest, I don't feel like it's too much to ask for my phone just to do that sort of boring house keeping for me. That's why I bought it in the first place. Any thoughts? Anyone else in the UK running a newer version?

Advertisement
  2. jimmynexus

jimmynexus Member

Hey,

Im still on 4.02 at the moment too.. I have an o2 contract but the phone was bought sim free.
  3. stenzor

stenzor Well-Known Member

Some people are still on 4.0.1... 4.0.2 is the latest version for the GSM Galaxy Nexus, so congrats! The only newer official version for any Galaxy Nexus is 4.0.4, but that's for the Verizon version.
  4. d.knight99

d.knight99 Well-Known Member

Oh I see, didn't realise that the updates past 4.0.2 were for the Verizon model only. That clears things up a bit, thanks!
  5. trophynuts

trophynuts Well-Known Member

to clear things up even more the 4.0.4 that some VZW people are using is a leaked version not an official OTA version. Officially the VZW G Nex is still on 4.0.2.