• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

UK - When is 2.2 coming to Orange Phones??

Well, I just checked Kies and I still can't update my SGS on Orange UK.

Curious to know if the people that already have the Froyo update... was your SGS a branded orange phone from orange themselves or stock unlocked one?

Question for funksplutter: which ROM did you use? :\ I've been looking into going down that route myself, but there are a fair few to choose from. Is yours now stock android, or stock SGS froyo without any carrier branding?

Thanks in advance for any insight.

Upvote 0
By any chance Lee69, do you know what Phone/PDA/CSC version it was running before the update? :(

Checked Kies once again and there isn't anything there still... :\:thinking:

I may go along to my local Orange shop today and maul someone in the balls.

-Edit-
It'd also be handy knowing what version your SGS is running now on stock orange? I might be able to trick KIES into updating to it via the reghack.

thanks in advance.

Upvote 0
Thanks Lee,

However, what would be really, really helpful if you can just check the phone one last time!

Bring the dial pad up, and key in the following number (where you'd normally enter a phone number)

*#1234#

As soon as you press the final hash, it will display a screen which lists three firmware versions..

PDA:
PHONE:
CSC:

you can just press the back button to get out of it. Can anyone with an orange branded SGS who has Froyo via kies WITHOUT a registry hack, please tell us what those three firmware numbers are for your new froyo builds. Thanks.:)

Upvote 0
Just an update.. I just used the KIES reg hack to upgrade my Branded Orange UK phone from 2.1 to 2.2 (didn't even do a factory reset before or after) and it's tits. the GPS finds loads of sats now and logs on in (on average) 8-12 seconds. Locks on to about 7 as well I should add. Also loving the new features.

I'm now using the Official Un-branded UK SGS Firmware (JPO and no crap Orange rubbish) and I'm a very happy bunny wish I did this months ago... just need to install the voodoo lagfix now.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones