Ultimate 4.0 (2/27) Out...

Last Updated:

1. Dem1K

Dem1K Active Member This Topic's Starter

Well, just got it up and running, and so far so good. I'm really liking this ROM a lot. I've never tried any of his previous ROMs, as I've only used some of the BB (last one being v1.1 which was great). Definitely give it a shot!

AllDroid - View topic - Ultimate Droid V4.0 Bench 140 (02/27/10)

Advertisement
  2. UBRocked

UBRocked VZW Nexus Please!!! VIP Member

No, no, no, no, no! I was not going to flash another rom for a few days as I am playing with BB v0.5 (only 24 hours with it so far). Now I have to go and download it. Why did you have to post this? I was specifically not checking the other site so I wasn't tempted but now you've done it and I can't stop myself :D

J/K, thanks for the post...I'm off to download it :cool:

3. Dem1K

lol...no sweat :) I've been contemplating doing it, and when I saw this I said screw it :D

4. UBRocked

Good news, update is available with this rom! Hopefully it works this time :)

johnlgalt likes this.
  5. phobic

phobic Well-Known Member

Gonna give this a shot myself. I don't switch ROMs too often (still using BB 0.7.8) but this one seems interesting to me for some reason.

6. exjimenez

exjimenez Well-Known Member

ARRGGGHHHH im so sick of flashing new roms!!! j/k this is great news! off to dl this now :D

7. johnlgalt

johnlgalt Antidisestablishmentarian VIP Member

Hello. My name is John. And I am a ROM Flash addict.

8. thegift_curse

thegift_curse Well-Known Member

I've read somewhere that it's best to use the Nandroid method when switching from ROM to ROM (i.e. BB 1.1 to Ultimate 4.0), is this true? I'm just wondering because I hate the Nandroid method (having to backup everything then put it all back on the phone), but if it's absolutely necessary then I suppose I will. I tried out Ultimate 3.7 and I really liked it, but it was very unstable on my phone (could've been the kernel though), so I'd really like to give this one another go.

9. phobic

phobic Well-Known Member

Didn't think anything could get me away from BB 0.7.8 (which I've been using since it came out) but I have to say my phone is pretty snappy right now and I definitely notice a difference. My phone has been OC'd to 1.2 GHz for some time now and it seems much smoother than it did when I had BB. Gonna see how it gets as time progresses.

10. Bramsy

Bramsy Well-Known Member

this is my first ROM to play with, and i dont see myself going away from it!

11. thericksonebay

thericksonebay Active Member

the best thing about blackdroids rom is he takes a little stuff from everyones rom and then his own special touches and it is the bomb digity. I highly Recomend trying it out

12. phobic

phobic Well-Known Member

LED notifications not working for anyone else? This is pretty much a deal breaker if I can't get mine to work. :(

13. Redflea

Redflea Well-Known Member

I'd like to play more with these 2.1 ROMs, but I just really have to have working call mute and auto-brightness...I haven't found a 2.1 ROM yet that can do both.

14. UBRocked

If you are switching from BB to Ultimate...yes, you want to do a full nandroid restore. The reason the update is important is because if you are like me and had 3.7 loaded previously, you can use the update and all your files/settings are transfered. With this release, launcher+ has been added which gives you 7 screens and a 2.0.1 app drawer. If you want to use launcher+ you have to rearrange your icons and widgets all over again but at least you don't have to reinstall all your apps, reconfigure your pop/imap email accounts, etc.

15. exjimenez

exjimenez Well-Known Member

Hi John...My name is Enrique, and I too am an addict. I always told myself I could quit whenever I wanted but whenever I see a new Rom release I lose all control...

16. radikal

radikal Well-Known Member

did we say update.zip is working on this one? cause thats what i want. no flashing for me til desire rom is out haha

17. ikithme

ikithme Member

Nevermind.

18. alex2010

alex2010 Member

I’m mostly like to play with 2.1 ROM. It’s simple for me.

19. radikal

radikal Well-Known Member

update.zip does indeed work, 7 screens works, 2.1 launcher pretty much does suck and i was able to remove it

20. PerCompLLC

PerCompLLC Well-Known Member

Best 2.1 ROM I've used so far (running off the SholesMod 2.0.5 kernel @ 1.2Ghz)... 2.0.1 is officially obsolete for me! :D:D

21. UBRocked

I have not had a problem with the notification lights...they seem to work fine :)

22. Dem1K

LEDs are fine here as well...and my 2.1 launcher works great.

23. shrink57

shrink57 Well-Known Member

Invested about 3 hours playing with this release and as stated previously both launchers appear very stable. Still could not remain connected to WIFI when SSID was hidden (had to unhide to configure but lost connection as soon as hidden again). It also ran hotter than my DroidMod rom (about 20 degrees hotter) using the DroidMod kernel. All in all a very attractive release, aesthetically pleasing, nice extras, and except for my WIFI issue, an excellent release. For now it is back to DroidMod. I am sure if I had a little more time today I could resolve all the Ultimate issues but right now too much to do.

24. thericksonebay

thericksonebay Active Member

I am not having any wifi issues. what kernal are you using

25. Dem1K

Me either, my WiFi is working just fine as well