1. Hot New Devices! HTC One M9 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | LG G4

ultimate ascend customization guide.

1. Android_Ascend

Android_Ascend Well-Known Member

Yea try again if it doesn't work PM my good friend Nuttmeg :)
  2. ryanzurlo88

ryanzurlo88 Member

or me. i'll be glad to help. all my info is on the side there and always on (aim/yahoo/live/skype) with webcam. i have no problem showing you how.
    BuffDuck likes this.
  3. Eaglewtchr

Eaglewtchr Active Member

Ok. That didn't work. What do I do to get my PC to access my phone now? I don't really care for CM6 and would like to go back to stock. Now that I can't access my phone through my PC what do I do?

Thanks...
    Eagle..
  4. Eaglewtchr

Eaglewtchr Active Member

I got it figured out.. I had to turn off USB Debuging.. :) Now I am checking out Incarus. Seems pretty cool.. Just tring to figure out how to keep apps from re-loading in the back ground. I use NetQuin Android Booster. It has a optimizer that is like an App Killer. Just no settings to keep them totaly off until I want to use them..

Thanks to everyone. Love this site..

Eagle..
  5. supraseed

supraseed Member

I upgraded my cricket ascend to the cm7 (Build 06182011) and barcode scanning apps like shopsavvy etc will lockup the camera and I have to reboot to get it working again. Anyone know why?

:confused:
  6. kennyiskarazy

kennyiskarazy Well-Known Member

apps like that wont work with cm7.
  7. B3at.my.m3at

B3at.my.m3at New Member

Wats the best rooting for huawei ascend (metro Pcs)
  8. supraseed

supraseed Member

I think it may have something to do with it trying to autofocus but I'm not sure
  9. McLovin71

McLovin71 Member

Not real happy with the new CM7 build (20110618). It really screwed up my phone! I have a 16 GB SD card and with the addition of apps2sd, it automatically partitions it down to 4GB! That is ridiculous! The build would be fine if the apps2sd was removed! I like to have control over what is partitioned and moved to my SD card...not have my phone do it for me! I have spent the last day, backing up and completely wiping my SD card...just to get rid of the automatic partition! Please remove the apps2sd...it really sucks!

BTW...LOVE the ADW Launcher in the new build!
  10. Daniol

Daniol Well-Known Member

So Reading the Apps2SD portion of the guide, are the same steps taken to partition your sd card on CM6, or are there steps specific for that rom? And are apps automatically moved there after the partition is made, and will all new installed apps be installed onto the partition?
  11. intrdrgn

intrdrgn Well-Known Member

it depends?

if you are on 2.1 stock, then it's z4root.
    but if you upgraded, then it's Gingerbreak.

hope that helps you.
    kevinrubio likes this.
  12. kevinrubio

kevinrubio Well-Known Member

yes the cm7 camera has some problems with camera apps, no one knows why but it just does, i had the same problem, thats why i switched to cm6
  13. McLovin71

McLovin71 Member

Not ALL apps are moved automatically. In my opinion, it is best to move the apps yourself. I have had nothing but problems with apps2sd.

As far as CM6 goes...you have to partition your own sd. apps2sd automatically does it. It's a waste. In all honesty...I don't have my sd partitioned and I love it! I actually get a FULL 15.7 GB! When you partition your sd, you lose very valuable space.

I actually went back to the CM7 build 05212011. I uninstalled the launcher on it and installed ADW launcher EX. It runs so fast and smooth! Plus, I don't have to partition my sd card and I can download anything I want.

Apps that state they "automatically" move your apps are nothing but trouble. They really screw with your settings. Call me a control freak, but I want total control over my phone and applications.
  14. nuttmeg

nuttmeg Well-Known Member

15. quick_sliver

quick_sliver Member

i upgrade my huawei to 2.2 and i was wondering if i do the icraus program, will my phone remain on 2.2 or will it go back to 2.1?
  16. Can0dope

Can0dope Well-Known Member

Icarus is 2.1, just cleaned up and overclocked...
  17. nuttmeg

icarus is 2.1 tweak and modified, and all bloatware remove, now with cm6/7 you cant go wrong but if you want 2.2 i suggest cm6 which is 2.2 froyo and oc to 710mhz.
  18. Eaglewtchr

Eaglewtchr Active Member

I have a question. With all the Mod Flashing and all why couldn't we just Flash the 2.2 Froyo from Huawei's web site?

The site is at..

Software - Huawei Device Co., Ltd..

The file name is kernel-2.6.32-FROYO.tar.bz2..

If we could Flash that to our ascends that would be great. If it would work..

I just don't want to go screwing up my phone..

Thanks..
    Eagle...
  19. xxdozer32

xxdozer32 Member

you know what else would help if you showed the file locations to put all the downloaded files as if we were actually using a PC the whole time.
  20. nuttmeg

what files are you trying to use?
  21. PJBoi

PJBoi New Member

Awesome! Helped me so much! But... I gotta google a bit more, and find out why hardly any of my apps work. Today was my first rom/flash on any android, so, I'm still learning!

Lots of Force Close stuff happening. I installed the CWM, CM7, gapps (GB), and MetrOFF. Any pointers would be greatly appreciated!
  22. nuttmeg

what build did you flash, also boot into recovery and run fix permissions.
  23. xxdozer32

xxdozer32 Member

what i meant was where do the files that we download go? cus i personally dont wanna download files directly from my phone, id rather download them on my pc then upload them to my phone.
  24. nuttmeg

oh ok, but if you are installing a rom, in the instructions they tell you to put the .zip files on the main area of the sd card.
    xxdozer32 likes this.
  25. xxdozer32

xxdozer32 Member

lol true, shit, DUHHHHHHHH...sorry drunk