• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root ultimate ascend customization guide.

oh ok, but if you are installing a rom, in the instructions they tell you to put the .zip files on the main area of the sd card.
this is for ease of finding them hence why most dev's/guide writers add it. but you can put them in a dir n install em too, just have to remember what dir you put em in when you get into CWM.

Upvote 0
another question, on the metro pcs sight it says i need at least a 512mb micro sd to upgrade my droid to the 2.2version...do i REALLY need it? I only have a 256mb card and well, money is tight, yes i know even 10 bucks....
the initial zip is 138MB, the update_M860_froyo.app is 221MB, and the UPDATEDATA.APP is 23.9MB, which get upzipped to dload.

138 + 221 + 23.9 = 382.9MB.

Reactions: xxdozer32
Upvote 0
cm706242011. Ever since I installed my phone has problems freezing up and or when download and app it just reboots. I installled latest gapps and metrooff. allso it is allways saying the market is downloading 100+ old apps. its very anoying and is pissing me off. anyone have this problem. i first got rom from rom manager then wipped my phone and reinstalled everything. same problem both times:mad:

Upvote 0
Hey I just installed your 0624 version of CM7. It's pretty sweet! But how do I know which crap I can delete out of my backed-up-sd-card folder now (i.e. the backed-up data from the stock rom) before I copy it? I copied 1.5 GB of data and my sd is only 2GB. And how do I reinstall the apps and Titanium and all that? Thanks!

Upvote 0
Ahh... Crown Royal... A man after my own heart. Lol.

ahh...you know how we do it, lol

Hey I just installed your 0624 version of CM7. It's pretty sweet! But how do I know which crap I can delete out of my backed-up-sd-card folder now (i.e. the backed-up data from the stock rom) before I copy it? I copied 1.5 GB of data and my sd is only 2GB. And how do I reinstall the apps and Titanium and all that? Thanks!

on your sdcard you can delete any folder you want, but here's the thing certain apps will make a folder on your sd card to store data and by deleting it, it will not harm your apps it will just create another folder if you still have the app install.

Upvote 0
Okay.. I have the ascend for metro.. I've literally been on the computer for like 5 hours trying to figure out why I cant send picture messages anymore.. I updated my phone to 2.2 a little bit ago and ever since than i cant send picture message.. Now I know I can update my phone to 2.3 and than i have to do other steps.. I just need help!! Idk where i can find the 2.3 and than I need help fixing my mms.. PLEASE HELP ME SOMEONE!

Upvote 0
As far as I know, there has been no official 2.3 update. Closest thing would be cm7 (I think there's 3 different versions now). Cm7 is a 2.3 rom, rooted, tweaked, and cleaned up.

If you decide to go this route, check out the "all things root" section of this forum. You'll find plenty of help here. Just be sure to do your part and research before diving right in.

Upvote 0
As far as I know, there has been no official 2.3 update. Closest thing would be cm7 (I think there's 3 different versions now). Cm7 is a 2.3 rom, rooted, tweaked, and cleaned up.

If you decide to go this route, check out the "all things root" section of this forum. You'll find plenty of help here. Just be sure to do your part and research before diving right in.
+1 and the ultimate guide thread is a great resource ;).

And just a FYI, CM6/7 is build from AOSP (pure vanilla Android) src so its never had a need to be rooted, just needed apps/scripts, tweaks, and features added.

Upvote 0
cm706242011. Ever since I installed my phone has problems freezing up and or when download and app it just reboots. I installled latest gapps and metrooff. allso it is allways saying the market is downloading 100+ old apps. its very anoying and is pissing me off. anyone have this problem. i first got rom from rom manager then wipped my phone and reinstalled everything. same problem both times:mad:
thanks for nobody getting back to me. I just wipped phone out AND went back to preveious cm7 that works great. no problems.

Upvote 0
Ok, If you need Gapps to get market to work why doesn't Icarus 1.1 not have the Gapps and market works. Also, HOW do I get my 9 screens back that I had with Stock Android 2.1?? I had all my apps seperated into groups. Now I only get 5 screens side by side. Is that because of the loader?

Thanks...
gapps is preloaded into stock roms, icarus is just a cooked stock rom ;)

Far as the screens go you, cant, unless a 3rd party launcher does n I know of none that do 9. The reason for this is 2.2 changed it from 9 to 5. Or if icarus doesnt have em, find the stock launcher that came in it.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones